The event was a good effort, but let's fix it for next year

You did a good job at least coming up with something fun for the Christmas event and I give you props for that. One big undersight though is the snowmen are really fun, but maybe next year give the killers something to play with too. Both sides should have some sort of interaction with the snowmen or give killers something else to play with that adds gameplay for them.

I think that's more what kiler mains are mad about, all this added gameplay to survivors giving out free health states and sure that's fun for the survivor but where is their fun? Where is their stupid/goofy mechanic to play around with? Please think about both sides fun next year. All for bringing back snowmen but bring something to the table for killer to next time around.

Also snowmen obviously need balancing next year, there are a lot of balance issues with them that will need addressed to make them a bit less broken against certain killers.

Everything wrong with snowmen that need fixed next time around:

  1. If you get exposed by ghost face and you hop into a snowman, you are no longer exposed. Gamebreaking.
  2. Snowmen shouldn't stun Viktor for the twins, makes him unplayable. Gamebreaking.
  3. You can't stalk snowmen as Myers or Ghostface, seems a bit unfair.
  4. Deep wound goes away when you go into a snowman, fix this.
  5. You lose save the best for last stacks when hitting the obession inside a snowman even though you never actually hurt them, needs fixed. Gamebreaking.

Does anyone know if trapper's traps work on snowmen? Curious about this one.

Can tombstone Myers Mori someone in a snowman? I'm guessing not.

TLDR - I'm all for the snowmen, but the gamebreaking stuff needs fixed next time around.

Comments

  • @DorkianBae said:

    You did a good job at least coming up with something fun for the Christmas event and I give you props for that. One big undersight though is the snowmen are really fun, but maybe next year give the killers something to play with too. Both sides should have some sort of interaction with the snowmen or give killers something else to play with that adds gameplay for them.

    I think that's more what kiler mains are mad about, all this added gameplay to survivors giving out free health states and sure that's fun for the survivor but where is their fun? Where is their stupid/goofy mechanic to play around with? Please think about both sides fun next year. All for bringing back snowmen but bring something to the table for killer to next time around.

    Also snowmen obviously need balancing next year, there are a lot of balance issues with them that will need addressed to make them a bit less broken against certain killers.

    Everything wrong with snowmen that need fixed next time around:

    1. If you get exposed by ghost face and you hop into a snowman, you are no longer exposed. Gamebreaking.
    2. Snowmen shouldn't stun Viktor for the twins, makes him unplayable. Gamebreaking.
    3. You can't stalk snowmen as Myers or Ghostface, seems a bit unfair.
    4. Deep wound goes away when you go into a snowman, fix this.
    5. You lose save the best for last stacks when hitting the obession inside a snowman even though you never actually hurt them, needs fixed. Gamebreaking.

    Does anyone know if trapper's traps work on snowmen? Curious about this one.

    Can tombstone Myers Mori someone in a snowman? I'm guessing not.

    TLDR - I'm all for the snowmen, but the gamebreaking stuff needs fixed next time around.

    Yes and no.

    I love the idea of the event, but you are correct that the snowmen shouldn't be a mobile locker for survivors that messes with powers.

    A lot of this sounds like bugs, which...yeah, it's not like that's happened before.

    1. Yes, that's totally busted.
    2. Ditto.
    3. Eh, this would allow you to spot survivors in snowmen too easily when they are using them for camoflage.
    4. Yes, not using any DW addons/killers until the event ends for this reason. Was...this even tested?
    5. I'm okay with this, definitely not gamebreaking and is offset by gaining stacks from other people in snowmen even though you aren't injuring.

    The major issue though isn't so much the bugs/exploits but the fact that killers get zero new tools for the event while survivors get such a strong one. At least the pumpkins benefit both sides.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299566/the-event-was-a-good-effort-but-lets-fix-it-for-next-year

    Yes and no.

    I love the idea of the event, but you are correct that the snowmen shouldn't be a mobile locker for survivors that messes with powers.

    A lot of this sounds like bugs, which...yeah, it's not like that's happened before.

    1. Yes, that's totally busted.
    2. Ditto.
    3. Eh, this would allow you to spot survivors in snowmen too easily when they are using them for camoflage.
    4. Yes, not using any DW addons/killers until the event ends for this reason. Was...this even tested?
    5. I'm okay with this, definitely not gamebreaking and is offset by gaining stacks from other people in snowmen even though you aren't injuring.

    The major issue though isn't so much the bugs/exploits but the fact that killers get zero new tools for the event while survivors get such a strong one. At least the pumpkins benefit both sides.

    I was just thinking maybe reward the killer for popping snowmen, as in rewards in that match.

    So for every 2 or 3 snowmen you pop that has a survivor in it, as a snowman zombie on the map that helps the killer...Just give it Nemesis's zombie AI and have it waddle around.

    I dunno, just an idea but they really need to do something for killers next time around. It's not so much that snowmen are unfair (they are), but that the killers didn't get anything silly/OP to play with as well... Killers just watch survivors have fun at their expense for the event, sadly.

    Again I love the snowmen and hope they bring them back, but next time around think about the killers too and give them a silly toy to play with.

  • I think what needs to happen is they need to devote a whole hour to testing the event. I know, that might seem extreme, but sometimes extreme measures are needed to make things work.

    They should boot up a custom game with each killer, and at least once for each of them, use their unique power to interact with the event object. That may also seem excessive, that's like a whole 26 matches of at least a minute each, but it would go a long way to preventing some killers being entirely screwed over while others ignore the prop altogether and instadown survivors through it. The same should be done for maps as well, but having to check 26 whole powers every 3-6 months to ensure they don't break with new inclusions is a bit much, let's just leave it at a once-yearly event level for now.

    On top of that, they might also consider having someone play the killer role in testing, and ask "how was your experience with this new inclusion?" and not completely ignore them when their response is something like "having to hit survivors an extra time really isn't an event, or fun in any way."

  • Also yeah I loved the pumpkins a lot, gave both sides something fun. Really curious why they gave 0 interaction with snowmen for killers when the pumpkin one was great for both sides.

  • @DorkianBae said:

    You did a good job at least coming up with something fun for the Christmas event and I give you props for that. One big undersight though is the snowmen are really fun, but maybe next year give the killers something to play with too. Both sides should have some sort of interaction with the snowmen or give killers something else to play with that adds gameplay for them.

    I think that's more what kiler mains are mad about, all this added gameplay to survivors giving out free health states and sure that's fun for the survivor but where is their fun? Where is their stupid/goofy mechanic to play around with? Please think about both sides fun next year. All for bringing back snowmen but bring something to the table for killer to next time around.

    Also snowmen obviously need balancing next year, there are a lot of balance issues with them that will need addressed to make them a bit less broken against certain killers.

    Everything wrong with snowmen that need fixed next time around:

    1. If you get exposed by ghost face and you hop into a snowman, you are no longer exposed. Gamebreaking.
    2. Snowmen shouldn't stun Viktor for the twins, makes him unplayable. Gamebreaking.
    3. You can't stalk snowmen as Myers or Ghostface, seems a bit unfair.
    4. Deep wound goes away when you go into a snowman, fix this.
    5. You lose save the best for last stacks when hitting the obession inside a snowman even though you never actually hurt them, needs fixed. Gamebreaking.

    Does anyone know if trapper's traps work on snowmen? Curious about this one.

    Can tombstone Myers Mori someone in a snowman? I'm guessing not.

    TLDR - I'm all for the snowmen, but the gamebreaking stuff needs fixed next time around.

    The event is an excellent vacuous distraction tactic to divert people's attention away from how far the game has fallen. And all the sheeples lapped it up so predictably ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299566/the-event-was-a-good-effort-but-lets-fix-it-for-next-year

    The event is an excellent vacuous distraction tactic to divert people's attention away from how far the game has fallen. And all the sheeples lapped it up so predictably ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    I mean the event was a good concept, it just needed more to it to give something for both sides to have fun with.

    It won't change my opinion on how ######### the current state of the game is though, I haven't played other than last night AFKing games to give people snowman escapes because I thought that was how people got their items at the time, didn't realize you could just pop them. lol

    They should really give something for escaping as a snowman though, next time.

  • @DorkianBae said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691317#Comment_2691317

    I mean the event was a good concept, it just needed more to it to give something for both sides to have fun with.

    It won't change my opinion on how ######### the current state of the game is though, I haven't played other than last night AFKing games to give people snowman escapes because I thought that was how people got their items at the time, didn't realize you could just pop them. lol

    They should really give something for escaping as a snowman though, next time.

    Fair comment.

  • What's their road map for their next year anyway? Will it even last until next december?