Is it still possible to get exhausted on ground with DH?
I don't speak about actually exhausted on ground, just that notification that you used it, but you got downed anyway.
Thing is, it should be still possible and get validated this way. I have been using DH for some time and even tried it with friends and we just didn't manage to get that.
But it should be possible, if it works how they showed. Server compares timing and if you were slower, you get validated.
It's really frequent for me as a killer to get validated and I have usually 27ms ping.
I am not sure it's just survivor sided instead. I am just wondering if anyone managed to get it and how often.
Comments
I've seen it happen before, however it is extremely rare.
Never happened to me again since the change.
It's just weird, because it's kinda standard for me while playing killer and I have really low ping. Most I had was 4 validation during one game, yeah I have just stopped playing.
I'm unlucky as heck, I stopped using it after still getting exhausted on the ground a couple times.
Technically, since it is being hit validated, it is possible for survivors to 'appear' that they began their dead hard and are hit. (From their side.) But in this case you should not end up exhausted.
Even since the buff, I haven't gotten exhausted on the ground at all, tho I only used it for like 20 games max and decided to not bring any exhaustion Perks ever again, I need Kindred
DH and stun validation just check whether a survivor's DH actuation or stun event arrived on the server prior to a killer's hit within a certain timeframe in which they'd make a hit impossible. It's probably not even a retroactive "check" but just as simple as the server rejecting any hit on a player arriving within Xms after receiving a DH/stun event from that player. The fact that event-specific validation can work with this simple logic also helps explain why they've not actually implemented general hit validation - general validation would actually require the server to do more complicated calculations based on player speeds and positions, and that's probably more of a load overhead than BHVR is willing to put on their servers (it might degrade server performance unless they pay for more/better servers).
Anyway, while the simple "first come first serve" logic of event-specific hit validation does mean that the player with a faster connection to the server is obviously favoured in these interactions, it doesn't mean the one with the faster connection will always "win". If the survivor actuates DH at t0ms and has a latency of 50ms to the server, and the killer hits them at t30ms with a latency of 30ms, the DH actuation will still arrive 10ms earlier than the hit event. Likewise, if a hit happens on the killer's end at t0ms and takes 50ms to travel to the server, a survivor's t30ms DH actuation that takes 30ms to make it to the server won't save them.
It is not only latency that matters, but obviously also still timing. A full lunge lasts 300 milliseconds, so at full range even a player with an average reaction time of 200ms still has a window of 100ms within which to actuate DH, and so if they don't have a 100+ms slower connection to the server than you, chances are they will dodge that lunge. The closer the scenarios the more timings and latencies start to matter of course.
But to answer the question directly: Yes, it is still possible to end up on the ground despite having actuated DH in time, due to having a higher latency to the server than the killer. I'm pretty sure the Exhaustion status is handled by the server now though, meaning you won't get exhausted on the ground in these instances anymore, just like a survivor's health state on the HUD seems to be handled by the server, meaning even if you get a hit that is then overruled as killer the survivor will never enter the dying state on the icon. Maybe if a player has a ridiculously high latency it's different and they can still get exhausted, but from all I've seen in these instances the DH prompt disappears and the perk goes dark, indicating it has been activated, but the player still dies.
Here's an example. This player usually has a ping of around 100-120ms, and as you can see, the DH prompt disappears, the perk icon goes dark, the model even initiates the DH animation and the killer is seen swinging at the old model position, but the hit still goes through a moment later.
not really it's more the case it doesn't register in time and you end up down on the ground