Observations of a new Nurse main: What Sally taught me

So a few months ago I decided i was done playing around with Survivors. I became a Nurse main after years of hating playing her because of how god awful hard she is to play. I'd tried before, but each time given up in frustration, but this time I stuck with it. At first I lost over and over again, depipping as low as I could go. Then slowly I started getting better.


Once I grasped the blink timing and integrated that with my usual predictive playstyle, it was just win after win until I hit red ranks again today. Then I started losing again, so I analyzed and figured out a solution. See, I'd been relying on my staple Nurse build: Nurse's Calling, Spies From the Shadows, Thanatophobia and a 4th wildcard perk (Usually Dying Light) but I realized those perks were redundant. I no longer needed the tracking from Spies or Nurse's, and Slowdown isn't necessary because of how aggressively I play. So I switched it up to address my new problem: red rank survivors rushing the gens super efficiently and booking it out the gates.


My new setup was: Blood Warden, No Way Out, Remember Me, and Lethal Pursuer. It worked better than I ever hoped; for six straight games, only 4 survivors escaped in total and that was a 4-escape the first time I used the build against reds. But after that...it was all wins. Most of the time I never even got to endgame; all 4 perks were useless, they were just insure in case I wasn't good enough. So I decided to test something out; I took off all perks and addons, and committed to four games as a naked Nurse.


It was four consecutive 4k's against nearly all reds including a 4-streamer SWF. Even on maps like Ormond I dominated. It was awesome.


So I guess the tl;dr is this - revisit your build when you start struggling. Change it up; pick perks that aren't the meta. Surprise the survivors. And also, just play Nurse.

Comments

  • Have fun on Lerys :)

  • If I had to my own:

    "Observations from an Old Nightmare main: what Freddy's better version taught me"

    The main lesson would be that slowdown perks, as strong as the community thinks they are, cannot hold gens forever.

    For example, back in the day you could reach the ultimate "Forever Freddy" if you wanted to. Dream World Slowdown + Dying Light + Thanatophobia + Swing Chains = 116% slowdown.

    However, was this a good idea? Nope, definitely not. And I speak from experience.

    In a way, I think Freddy taught me the same thing Nurse taught you: revisit your build when struggling and don't stick to a single type of perk only.

    Experiment! Try different things!

  • @legacycolt said:

    Have fun on Lerys :)

    I have been. Lery's is one of my favorite maps and I do extremely well there on ALL Killers, including Billy and Nurse.

  • Nurse is love. Nurse is life. Always something new to learn with her and that's what makes her fun.

    I prefer Corrupt/Scourge Hook (new one)/No Way Out/BBQ myself. I'm a lot less aggro and more zone-y, hook out in the open near a 3 gen, and wish the survivors luck.

  • Ugh I love that build you have on. I haven't tried it myself yet but on Nurse sounds absolutely beautifully disgusting. I play Nurse on occasion but not as often as I'd like because like you said, she's hard to play and it's super frustrating sometimes but what made me appreciate her strength and any steady Nurse mains is one of the first matches I played when I was playing more "serious" with Nurse (previously didn't take my matches seriously all survivors were merely my guinea pigs until I got the hang of her) and I got a bully squad. All loaded up with flashies, DS, teabags, the whole shebang babey and I 4k'd that match. Nurse don't give a ######### about your DS and it's beautiful. But I'm in no way a good Nurse. Just a mediocre gamer who sometimes gets lucky but I was pleased with that outcome.

    I got off topic but that's a good build for Nurse I'm gonna have to try one day when I feel more confident in my Nurse's skill but as of right now I do not feel confident taking on a 4 man streamer swf. I tip my off to you and I genuinely mean it. I respect the hell out of you and anyone who steadily mains and plays Nurse.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    Ugh I love that build you have on. I haven't tried it myself yet but on Nurse sounds absolutely beautifully disgusting. I play Nurse on occasion but not as often as I'd like because like you said, she's hard to play and it's super frustrating sometimes but what made me appreciate her strength and any steady Nurse mains is one of the first matches I played when I was playing more "serious" with Nurse (previously didn't take my matches seriously all survivors were merely my guinea pigs until I got the hang of her) and I got a bully squad. All loaded up with flashies, DS, teabags, the whole shebang babey and I 4k'd that match. Nurse don't give a ######### about your DS and it's beautiful. But I'm in no way a good Nurse. Just a mediocre gamer who sometimes gets lucky but I was pleased with that outcome.

    I got off topic but that's a good build for Nurse I'm gonna have to try one day when I feel more confident in my Nurse's skill but as of right now I do not feel confident taking on a 4 man streamer swf. I tip my off to you and I genuinely mean it. I respect the hell out of you and anyone who steadily mains and plays Nurse.

    Well-said. And don't get me wrong - those streamers were hellish to play against. But it was less hellish than if I was playing literally any other Killer.