Addon Abusing Discussion

So I just finished a match on The Game as Clown. I was running a purple addon, which is the Gin Bottle (I think that is what it's called, the one that allows you to carry more bottles overall), and an iridescent addon, that being the Pinky Finger. So obliviously, since I am not the best Clown, and certainly am not the best killer on The Game, the survivors flew by gens quickly, as expected due to my low map pressure. Eventually, I killed one survivor who had already used Decisive Strike on me after I 'tunneled' them earlier in the match when there was only one gen left to do. Once this survivor was dead, the match began to slowly tip into my favor.

Another survivor made a mistake, or just was not the best at looping, so I was able to get a hook when the exit gate was open. This is not a Blood Warden story sadly. After hooking this survivor, a Quentin at full health is attempting to lure me to the exit gate. At this rate, they do not know about my pink finger addon, or at least have seemingly forgotten about it. Quentin begins to tea bag and click his flashlight, which I just ignored by walking around the hook looking out for the other survivor (I think it was a Kate?). Kate was injured, and the boon totems were all destroyed, no other boon was placed since I believe these two survivors were not running the boon perks this match, the person who was already dead was.

Quentin finally gets bored that I am not reacting to his toxic behavior, so he runs at me and tries to go for the unhook. I land a bottle, and instantly down him. Kate, still injured, runs in from the left, and tries to unhook the Dwight. I down Kate since she is injured, while Quentin is on my shoulder. Because I was running Agitation, I was able to get to a hook that was a bit farther away, and hooked Quentin there. After that, I picked up Kate and hooked her too, getting a four kill game at the last second.

After this match, Quentin accused me of being garbage and abusing my pinky finger addon. While it is true that the pinky finger addon did secure me a kill at the end game, I do not believe this addon is as busted as this Quentin is making it out to be. Not to mention the build he was also running. He was running Iron Will, Adrenaline, Deadhard, and Decisive Strike. Which is nothing new, but the thing that really made me raise my eyebrow was he was the survivor who brought a map offering, to you guessed it, The Game.

So my question is not what you are thinking. I am not going to ask if you all believe I abused my addon here, because in truth I did not. I am allowed to use these very strong addons if survivors have the ability to run perks and boons that make the killer I am playing irrelevant to the match. What I am going to ask you all though, is do you think there are addons that are abused with any killer, and how severe do you think it is?

Clowns Pinky Finger could be labeled as somewhat of an overpowered addon, but the argument I have always made in general relation to it, is that you have to really aim your bottles in order to get the exposed status on the survivor. Half of the time, I waste the Pink Finger addon because survivors have the ability to see when exactly I'm throwing a bottle due to their third person camera, which is nothing of unfair behavior, just a simple fact. They can also hear the Clown grunt as he throws a bottle, knowing when to move due to the audio queue.

If you ask me, weaker killers such as Clown, Myers and Trapper, deserve these addons that make them better. I am sure this is not anything anyone here will disagree with, but I mainly stick to a few select killers, and by all means do not know every addon and what it does.

So my question to everyone, is what addons can be abused and are a huge problem in the meta of the current game? Survivor medkit/toolbox addons can also be discussed, for I have my own opinion on that, but that is a topic for another day.

One more note about the match I was sharing earlier, the entire game was practically me breaking ballets and stepping on Boon Totems. I did not expect Quentin to be so stingy in the end game chat, toxicity is nothing new, but I am just generally confused on how I was abusing my addon.

So I suppose another question for everyone, what do you think about The Clowns pinky finger addon? Is it overpowered, and does it need to be reworked/removed, or do you believe it is fine the way it is.

Comments

  • If its in the game and not broken on a technical "can be abused cause of a bug" level I dont see how thats abuse.

  • Using things in the game isn't abusing it. People throw around this ridiculous saying in order to make a point. Using strong perks, addons, and offering etc is fine

  • There's no such a thing as "abusing" an addon. Addons exist to be used and they are just a waste of BP if you're going to just let them rot. It's just stupid that somehow people like that Quentin really think this is a thing. That's like being at a restaurant and people start judging you because you asked for the most expensive meal.

    I don't really know how I feel about Pinky Finger. On one hand Clown is already a very mediocre killer and an addon like that makes him able to compete against better survivors, but on the other it feels cheap going down because of it. I guess it's fine overall.

    Mind you survivors in general don't really feel bad for running BNPs, Syringes, Haddonfield/Coldwind offerings, etc, so don't be bothered by it.