Weekend Nights Actually Great for Killer?

I'm midwest U.S. for reference.

I think that a lot of killer players avoid playing killer on Friday and Saturday nights because it's considered SWF central and they don't want to play against SWF. We know that the developers have said that the matchmaking system throws out the MMR when queue times get too long. I've been playing during prime hours this weekend, and the amount of survivors are way outnumbering the killers, so the matchmaking is just like the old system. I only had one comp squad where everyone was meta and everyone could loop. I got two hooks with Wraith. Every other game has either been close or I've been mopping the survivors because they clearly are new or aren't very good. Like running in a straight line past a god loop bad. I've even managed multiple 4ks with Deathslinger cause the survivors just run in a straight line. I'm playing against the hardcore sweats way more often during the off peak hours. Anyone else feel this has been their experience? It's nice having some close and then super chill matches more often than the comp squad 4 DS/BT/DH/Boon 2 - 3 hook extravaganza

Comments

  • See, whether it is a good idea or not largely depends on your skill as Killer.

    Are you a veteran killer main with 1k hours, all the perks you could possibly want, and very comfortable with the killer you picked? Then yeah... playing in the evenings (USA time) will work out just fine for you. You'll probably get easier games than at other times, because you are good enough to take down the average survivor with minimal trouble.

    Are you not that? A newer killer, a killer main trying to branch out into a new killer, a killer main playing on a recently prestiged killer? If any of that is true then playing at night is much more likely to throw you Survivors who are much better than you on your current loadout. That's not gonna be fun. So... honestly it doesn't surprise me that a lot of Killers avoid playing in the evening.

  • @Veinslay said:

    I'm midwest U.S. for reference.

    I think that a lot of killer players avoid playing killer on Friday and Saturday nights because it's considered SWF central and they don't want to play against SWF. We know that the developers have said that the matchmaking system throws out the MMR when queue times get too long. I've been playing during prime hours this weekend, and the amount of survivors are way outnumbering the killers, so the matchmaking is just like the old system. I only had one comp squad where everyone was meta and everyone could loop. I got two hooks with Wraith. Every other game has either been close or I've been mopping the survivors because they clearly are new or aren't very good. Like running in a straight line past a god loop bad. I've even managed multiple 4ks with Deathslinger cause the survivors just run in a straight line. I'm playing against the hardcore sweats way more often during the off peak hours. Anyone else feel this has been their experience? It's nice having some close and then super chill matches more often than the comp squad 4 DS/BT/DH/Boon 2 - 3 hook extravaganza

    It...depends.

    Weekday mornings are always the rough Spanish, Chinese or Russian SWFs, but the former two are at least polite and aren't going to stall the game out or be jerks.

    Weekday nights are usually where I get my better matches.

    Weekend days tend to be a lot of newbies and lowbies, and weekend nights are an absolute crapshoot.