Changes need to happen (Devs/Mods please read)

Hello community, Devs and Mods. I am Matt and this message is to inform you of some major concerns I currently have for the game. I hope you at BHVR are listening, because this will be very important for you and everyone.

For the past few weeks, I have noticed the current state of the game and how players are acting due to it, what they feel they need to do to make any progression or results. And I need to say, from a gamer to a gaming company, DBD is in trouble.


Since its launch, the game has remained the same. Survivors fix gens to escape and the killer tries to stop them, back then it was simple for both sides. There was challenge, but not too much. But this day and age, its not the same with all the new perks and changes being added. Fixing Gens has become too simple. With the right perks and teamwork, it literally would take the Survivors 3 minutes to fix every Gen they need to escape and the killer would have no chance of getting even one kill.

I play both sides equally, and lately when I play Survivor, it always too easy. I escape mostly every time and the killer wouldn’t have a single kill. I remember back when Survivor was challenging, exciting and you didn’t know the outcome. But with the current state, it has no effort, not thrill, no point.

The game used to be that every match was different to the last, you live or die, you kill or lose. But lately its become so predictable. If you’re Survivor, you have a high chance of winning. And if you’re Killer, you have a high chance of losing. Killer would be lucky if they get more than one kill these days and it makes that side super un-fun.

Predictability is boring, no one wants that.


Bringing that up, a lot of people say that you are Survivor Bias. You give everything to Survivors and leave Killers with barely anything. You always promote your Killers as the main attraction of the game, you put the most effort in creating them and it’s the thing people are most excited for when a new chapter comes out. I didn’t buy the game just to run around as a Survivor, I bought it to also hunt Survivors down and feel intimidating and dangerous while doing it.

But lately, it feels like these things are a trap just to lure new players in.

Killer side has become so hard that those feelings are near impossible to feel, now you only feel pressured and too weak, like you barely have time to enjoy it because you need to be pretty much everywhere at once just to get some result.

Its like Killers aren’t here to stop Survivors, they’re just here to provide a match for Survivors players.

When new players join to play as they’re favorite killer from a movie or to play as one of your own killers, imagine how upset they’ll be when a SWF group wipes the floor with them. You might get someone who’ll shrug it off and try again, but you’ll most likely get someone who felt like they wasted their money and will blame you.


And there are a lot of things that hint towards you actually being Survivor bias.

·       Survivors have so many advantages in the game, such as strong loops and how quick they can do Gens


·       Boons: When a Killer snuffs a Boon, the bones remain and the Survivors can relight them in the exact same place. But when a Survivor cleanses a Killers Hex, its gone and can’t be relit.


·       Character switching: In the lobby, Survivors are able to quick switch the characters they’re playing as while waiting for the match to start, and after a past update, Killers can no longer do that.


·       SWF: A group of Survivor players are able to band together, communicating from afar with each other, and strategize. How can this be fair towards the Killer? If the Killer was a new player, they wouldn’t have a chance.


·       You once spoke of a early game mechanic to help killers such as Trapper and Hag place their traps down before Survivors start fixing Gens, but I believe you recently said that you scrapped this idea. How can this be anything more than another killer disadvantage?


Each side should be treated equally and fairly, not just the one side.


I know you are able to monitor Kill Rates, so it’s only right to presume you monitor the length of the matches too. And surely by now even you should admit that matches have been going really quickly lately. And no, its not a good thing.

I remember hearing ManyTalk say she likes quick Killer matches because it means she can get on into the next one, but the reason the match is going so quick is because Killers have barely any grip on the match itself. That’s why its going so fast and that’s probably why Mandy wants to go on to the next one, Survivors are too fast with everything.


Now I’m not a Bias, I’m not just speaking for Killers, this is for Survivors too. Yeah, I have been saying a lot of things for the Killer side, but the difference is Killers need this and Survivors are so strong that literally don’t need any more buffs. Survivor matches need to be more challenging and more exciting, right now they’re just lazy and Survivor players are getting big heads over the constant wins they get, even though those wins come from the game being currently in the favor, not by skill.


I won’t bore you with a list of wild changes, but here are 3 that I feel should happen to make this game fun again.

·       Give Survivors new objectives: I was always thinking of Survivors finding parts of Gens to fix it and then start repairing it. If not that, than anything else.

·       Give Killer players the option to block out SWF groups in their lobby: It would help new players adjust to the game more and give killers who don’t want a hardcore match a game more to their level.

·       When a Killer snuffs a Boon, its should destroy the bones too: This would stop constant Boon restores and make perks such as Hex: Pentimento much more useful.


Now I know what you and most of the community are thinking. “Who is this guy and why should we pay attention?”. Well unlike other players who would talk smack or throw demands or insults in your face, I only care about what’s good for the game. I’m probably the most real down-to-earth guy you’re gonna meet. The game has such potential, but right now, it feels damaged and I want to help fix it.

Some players might not want changes, but most of them would be Survivor mains who are just enjoying the easy victories. Victories need to be earned, not given.


You’ve always had a habit of changing things when a routine has been stretched out. Right now the routine is Survivors always tend to win. I don’t want Killers to be overpowered, I just want them to have the same odds of winning. That is what balance should mean. And I’m saying that not just as a killer, but as a survivor.


Thank you for your attention Community, Devs and Mods. I had you take what I’ve said into thought and I hope to hear back from you.


#AllHailTheEntity   

Comments