Gen speed question

1 person can finish a gen in 80 seconds.

Yesterday I downed a Jane in the first 20 seconds with a chainsaw with Bubba. I did my duty and took her to the basement and camped until she died. Each hook state is 60 seconds. With that being said, downing her immediately ( under 20 seconds ) taking her to the basement =<16 seconds for the carry and then =< 2 minutes to die. I am sitting at around 2:40 seconds at this point when 4 different gens pop within 5 seconds of her dying on the hook.

I am curious how 3 people were able to get 4 gens done in less than 2:40 seconds? No tool kits, no prove thyself or anything like that. No one was injured or close enough for spine chill or resilience. How is this possible?

Comments

  • Making great skill checks gives extra progress so ~80 seconds is just a suggestion at the best of times.

  • Because 3 gens can get done in 80 seconds (1.20) then all 3 on the fourth can be done in about 35seconds so in total 4 gens can get done in 1min 55seconds if you dont add travel time.

    You went 80+80+80 when that's not how it works, 3×80 can be done all at once

  • @gentacle said:

    Making great skill checks gives extra progress so ~80 seconds is just a suggestion at the best of times.

    Great skill checks are 0.8seconds

  • @gentacle said:

    Making great skill checks gives extra progress so ~80 seconds is just a suggestion at the best of times.

    Great skill checks are 0.8seconds

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Because 3 gens can get done in 80 seconds (1.20) then all 3 on the fourth can be done in about 35seconds so in total 4 gens can get done in 1min 55seconds if you dont add travel time.

    You went 80+80+80 when that's not how it works, 3×80 can be done all at once

    yep, I wasn't thinking in that way for some reason. Thanks for the explanation. It was a small map too so very doalbe.

  • @drpynz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677778#Comment_2677778

    yep, I wasn't thinking in that way for some reason. Thanks for the explanation. It was a small map too so very doalbe.

    Its alright, I'm sure most people have made that mistake. Gen speeds can be rough anyway but if you're doing basement bubba expect fast gens