Hows the new map guys?

The game refuses to send me there.

Comments

  • It's large, has awful deadzones and a way too strong main building.

    It's basically just Temple of Purgation 2.0

  • Know that feel, for my first three games today I got:

    • Haddonfield offering
    • RPD offering
    • Haddonfield offering

    Although I did play the new map a bit. It doesn't seem too massive, and it seems like the gens spawn in fairly even spots throughout the map, so don't think it seems too unbalanced?

    Also, I really like the catwalks in the multi-level main building. Had lots of fun shredding between the levels as Demo (can also shred on top of the bookcases, atop which I perched as I watched a sabo squad bleed out.

  • @shane32 said:

    The game refuses to send me there.

    No idea. Same boat as you apparently.

  • Pretty garbage for most killers. Too big if you don't have Mobility and seems like totems are easier to see and they're not even bothering to hide it at this point. Strong main building but the only saving grace there is that there seems to be a hook there where you can just body block one side until the survivors dies lol

  • @Myla said:

    Pretty garbage for most killers. Too big if you don't have Mobility and seems like totems are easier to see and they're not even bothering to hide it at this point. Strong main building but the only saving grace there is that there seems to be a hook there where you can just body block one side until the survivors dies lol

    Are the hooks not random? Did you see this hook in more than one match?

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2673239#Comment_2673239

    Are the hooks not random? Did you see this hook in more than one match?

    I did see it three times but I'm not specifically looking for the hook so there are matches where It probably didn't spawn.

    Somebody placed a bug report on it on the sub section

  • it's a temple of purgation reskin and i hate it

  • An absolute nightmare. Huge main building with multiple god pallets and strong windows. It's like they just purposefully forget all the fixes they've done to old maps every time they make a new one.

  • @JPA said:

    Know that feel, for my first three games today I got:

    • Haddonfield offering
    • RPD offering
    • Haddonfield offering

    Although I did play the new map a bit. It doesn't seem too massive, and it seems like the gens spawn in fairly even spots throughout the map, so don't think it seems too unbalanced?

    Also, I really like the catwalks in the multi-level main building. Had lots of fun shredding between the levels as Demo (can also shred on top of the bookcases, atop which I perched as I watched a sabo squad bleed out.

    Don't mind rpd so much. Im a Huntress main so try to get a hook on the Library side, proxy camp and enjoy the corridor blocking.

    Edit: on topic. I don't like it, aesthetically its beautiful. Game play it's horrible. I'd hate to be a trapper main.

  • Large map, Large gen spread, Strong main building with 2 god pallets and 3 god windows and massive potential to have a tile window facing a main building window since 2 tiles spawn right outside the main building windows, All loops in the map have high walls meaning theres nothing to do as huntress, deathslinger, plague, trickster, map is massively rng dependent so I always see an ocean of pallets while playing killer, all the filler pallets are extremely strong, the los in the graveyard is atrocious, and overall the map is just terrible to play on as almost any killer

    3/10 experience overall, and 1/10 on ranged killers

  • Everyone complains about the map too big and cant use power effectively if its not Mobility killer.

    I use Trapper and dont even have power in that map.

  • i like the bright map, also well balanced

  • Temple of Purgation desert edition

  • Incredible view of the tower on the outside

  • @Pulsar said:

    It's large, has awful deadzones and a way too strong main building.

    It's basically just Temple of Purgation 2.0

    I'm a ...fan. The main structure is a bit of a turd (seriously, stop it with the breakable walls already) but the loops aren't overly oppressive aside from one very strong pallet and it's got a nice balance of open zones for sniping and chokes for traps.

    Aside from the main structure, the only thing I hate is how impossible it is to hide traps.

    Oh - and if you really want to be a jerk, bring a 'thicker mist' addon...you'll see what I mean.

    It's frigging gorgeous too.

  • My first 3 games of the patch were killer on that map. It's very survivor sided.

  • Awful for killers, like always. So many safe loops, many loops have short walls so you the ones that aren't safe you can't even mindgame them because the survivors can clearly see you, and the center building is just a massive survivor safe zone.

  • Lots of deadzones with a pretty nasty main building. Like other said, I feel it's temple of purgation 2.0

  • Too big. Massive deadzones. Multi-story main building with god pallets and mandatory breakable walls. Look at Coal Tower. Make more maps like that. Look at Red Forest/Purgation. Do zero maps like that.

  • It’s okay, still need to get a feel of it on the killer side.