Buff ideas for The Artist

So I've been playing with the artist in all my matches and she's pretty powerful, but could use a few change that would make her less affected by maps.

  • Make her able to aim her crows up and down, not just in a straight line.

Basically what this would do is give her more flexibility in multi leveled maps such as RPD, right now if you want to check a gen in another floor with her crows you can't since you can only aim in a straight line from where you put the crows.

  • Make crows stick to a certain level above the ground.

Same as the other point, some maps affect The Artist because of their verticality. For example, the swamp has a lot of verticality and some gens are still on the ground but above certain level, so you cant hit your crows there from anywhere on the map. By making crows stick to the ground they would travel in a line but still move up and down between bumps on the ground or "ramps".

Since verticality is something the devs are aiming for in their maps, I don't know why this wasn't added since the first day.

What do you think? I know she's S or A tier already but I think this changes are more of QoL than straight buffs.

Comments

  • @beatddb said:

    So I've been playing with the artist in all my matches and she's pretty powerful, but could use a few change that would make her less affected by maps.

    • Make her able to aim her crows up and down, not just in a straight line.

    Basically what this would do is give her more flexibility in multi leveled maps such as RPD, right now if you want to check a gen in another floor with her crows you can't since you can only aim in a straight line from where you put the crows.

    • Make crows stick to a certain level above the ground.

    Same as the other point, some maps affect The Artist because of their verticality. For example, the swamp has a lot of verticality and some gens are still on the ground but above certain level, so you cant hit your crows there from anywhere on the map. By making crows stick to the ground they would travel in a line but still move up and down between bumps on the ground or "ramps".

    Since verticality is something the devs are aiming for in their maps, I don't know why this wasn't added since the first day.

    What do you think? I know she's S or A tier already but I think this changes are more of QoL than straight buffs.

    honestly these do not seem like they would make her to overpowered or change much has many maps do not have elevation and this would be a nice QoL. I am all for it

  • @beatddb said:

    So I've been playing with the artist in all my matches and she's pretty powerful, but could use a few change that would make her less affected by maps.

    • Make her able to aim her crows up and down, not just in a straight line.

    Basically what this would do is give her more flexibility in multi leveled maps such as RPD, right now if you want to check a gen in another floor with her crows you can't since you can only aim in a straight line from where you put the crows.

    • Make crows stick to a certain level above the ground.

    Same as the other point, some maps affect The Artist because of their verticality. For example, the swamp has a lot of verticality and some gens are still on the ground but above certain level, so you cant hit your crows there from anywhere on the map. By making crows stick to the ground they would travel in a line but still move up and down between bumps on the ground or "ramps".

    Since verticality is something the devs are aiming for in their maps, I don't know why this wasn't added since the first day.

    What do you think? I know she's S or A tier already but I think this changes are more of QoL than straight buffs.

    The latter would be an amazing QOL fix.

    Her UR and Iri addons also feel like they need a numbers pass. A lot of them feel like their benefits are more than outweighed by their drawbacks.