I give up being a Trapper main.

Last week I played over 10 matches as Trapper and got totally destroyed with 2-3 matches were 2k because I had Noed & Rancor, most matches were 0-1k. Tonight was no difference.

No its not because of skill. Patch after patch the spots in every map that used to hide traps are removed (I can list these spots detailed if you want to). By the time I almost finish setting up, 4 Gen done, then come with trap disarm noti in far distance.

I use Tar Bottle every single match and survivors disarm them like its their breakfast. Amazing that the new map has zero grass on any loops.

Trapper is that one Killer that you can counter by setting graphic to Low and increase screen brightness. I never feel so worthless as Killer in the last week (only when I play Trapper)


I will shift to between Shape, Spirit, Cenobite & Artist (not try her yet).

Comments

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2670073#Comment_2670073

    The Gen speed is actually my 2nd thing to worry about, which is why I never use slowdown but End game build to punish Gen rush

    What I worry the most is how can they know all my trap placements no matter what. And the spots that hide traps in general are removed from patch to patch, I dont really have unpredictable places to trap beside grass, which getting less and less in new map rework.

    The most funny thing is they finally decided to dark the trap by default, only to make maps brighter.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2670114#Comment_2670114

    Start with all traps isnt what Im looking for to buff him. It would be so easy to 3 Gens, and pretty much force Trapper to play 3 Gens all the time.

    What I want is they need to make traps somehow harder to see. For recently traps are totally useless. Just play M1 as Trapper may be more effective because I dont have to waste alot of time setting traps around.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2670127#Comment_2670127

    I start playing this game since Feb 2019, 45% Killer & 55% Survivors. And I play 90% Trapper when I play Killer. I know every little spots that able to traps. Thats why I can make a list of map changes that affected on trap placements (those have no affect only other Killer, but only Trapper)

    My style playing Trapper never change. Gen flies, no complain. The biggest problems that I spend all that Gens for fully traps setup, only to be disarmed in distance, all of them.

    The reward is 0 for the cost of 4 Gen.

    Relying on 3 gens is basically the only consistent Trapper playstyle anyways. Just like it is with Hag and Twins. I don't see the problem with making him stronger at this playstyle.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669848#Comment_2669848

    Traps suppose to catch survivor mid chase, or injure them from far distance. Not spending 30sec to walk, pickup, walk back, setup; and exchange it with 3sec disarm from one survivor.

    I never want to use traps just to let survivor disarm them so it can buy you time, because it doesnt, you lose more time than you should. I want to use traps that able to catch them mid chase.

    The problem with that is it's so heavily reliant on RNG

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668414#Comment_2668414

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668537#Comment_2668537

    Before the Boon, they still step on traps here and there. Yes some matches there are some survivors that dedicate to disarm my trap, but not always happen. Recently, every single match, every single survivors able to find my traps and disarmed, I had less than 5 survivors step on my traps in an entire week of playing Trapper only.

    I dont know what's happening, I dont know if everyone play on Low graphic with increased brightness, since my play style never change.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668436#Comment_2668436

    I dont think they put zero thought, they just nerf the trapping spots on purpose. Here is the list of spots that used to hide trap under

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    Hawkin rubbles at collapsed walls used to hide traps, now cant. (removed)

    The game used to be dark down floor, now its bright.

    Lery used to be creepy dark to hide traps, now its bright.

    Yamaoka estate, pillows used hide traps, now cant.

    Autoheaven used to have grass, the broken glass used to hide traps, now cant.

    Chapel rubbles on upper floor vault used to hide traps, now cant.

    Pale rose, the plank to walk up to ship used to hide traps, now cant.

    Haddon field, the garage with basement house, the stair used to hide traps, now cant.

    Sactum of wrath, the little rock on stairs on temple used to hide traps, now cant.

    Ormond rubbles at collapsed wall used to hide traps, now cant. The snow at shack doors used to hide traps, now cant.

    Midwich, the gate with a vault, that vault used to hide traps, now cant.

    First step at basement stair used to hide traps, now cant.

    But those map nerf affect merely half of my play since survivors still step on traps on grass areas, though recently doesnt matter where I put trap, it doesnt work at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668477#Comment_2668477

    I dont know if I reach to high level as Trapper, but in the last week, my kill rate is 1k, which should drop my MMR.

    I doubt they nerf them on purpose; the level designers just don't think, it's that simple.

    It's like how they gutted Billy on top of reworking the maps to have more stuff in the way and introducing new indoor maps.

1 2 ›