Will there ever be cross progression from console to PC?
I downloaded it on my Laptop and enjoyed the mouse and keyboard better then controller. I wish there was cross progression because I spent a lot of money and time in my PS account on DBD. And it’s hard to switch afther leaving many cosmetics and survivors behind and starting over. I know many people want this to be added but will the devs eventually add it please?
Tagged:
BHVR
Comments
I wonder when will be crossprogression between pc stores ? Getting Dbd on Epic but cant play my steam acc is like okay...
All the information we have available on Cross-progression is here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/305-f-a-q-cross-progression
I'm afraid we do not have further information with regards to adding other platforms, only what we've communicated thus far. We are aware it's a community wish but we do not have information on if/when this will be available.
Its a bit weird that it seems to be such a big issue to tackle... lots of games implement cross progression, i understand buying the license for the games and dlc per platform (which xbox and microsoft dont even make you do) but once youve got that you should have all the same stuff unlocked!
Im in the same boat. Started on ps5, all my skins etc are on there. I actually dont buy any for pc because im not paying twice for stuff!
Would it maybe be easier to add keyboard and mouse support to consoles? My friends want to switch from playstation to pc because playing with a controller is really hard against pc players. They also like the ability to chat after a match so I think adding these features would please alot of people that want cross progression.
Imo, the controller is actually better for input as survivor- but not for killer, especially for those that have long range powers and that dash such as oni and blight. Nurse was also dramatically better when i switched to pc. Playing KWF i went from 0 kills to 2 (theyre a pain in the ass 3k hour team) just by changing from PS to PC - literally only played 3 or 4 games on pc with nurse at that stage (and maybe 10 to 15 on console before this as i hated playing her with controller).
Almost all of the issues with console stem from the sensitivity options imo. Even as survivor the biggest difference is the ability to quickly turn around and back and see the killers path whilst keeping an eye on your surroundings. On console i play max sensitivity on killer and survivor and its really bad. Moving the stick is still so slow compared to moving a mouse.
If BHVR wants to improve QoL for console they should start with that sensitivity first i think and give more options on consoles.
Unfortunately they addressed all that during their last Q&A, stating they had no plans to add neither m&k support nor the chat box to the consoles.
Saldy we cannot even lower the graphics setting to reclaim frames as those on PC do to improve game performance. We're locked in at High or Ultra I forget which, and cannot change it.
I know sea of thieves has a system as such, turning off cross play for controller also deactivated Keyboard and mouse support.
It's not just a matter of BHVR just adding it, the platforms have requirements that BHVR would have to agree to and they may be ones that as a business BHVR doesn't see as a good decision. During Epic v Apple lawsuit it came out that Sony requires developers to pay a royalty to compensate for loss in revenue from cross progression. BHVR managed to add crossplay without cross progression probably because it was work around from paying Sony (or atleast was minor fee) - no lost revenue because players can't buy dlc/cosmetics on other platform and then play on playstation. Unless Sony changes their policy or BHVR decides to pay them I don't see cross progression coming to DBD on playstation.
https://www.pcgamer.com/sony-charges-for-crossplay-support-to-protect-psn-revenue-documents-show/