Toxic?
Hope you're all okay.
Is looping considered toxic? I do some to try and run away from the killer, but I don't t-bag or make fun of the killer, I just try to run away and hide.
But some assassins get really mad at me, some don't put me on the hook and wait for my death on the ground, and they just stare at me and "beat me."
I don't get mad about it, as it only happens on a few occasions, as I usually like to be a team player, I even sacrifice myself to try to help my teammates.
I usually play solo, so a lot of times I save people and they leave me with assassin, so I stay on the ground until time runs out, as the assassin just doesn't put me on the hook.
But the main point would be to ask you, what makes a survivor toxic?
I'm not fluent in English, I hope you understand everything.
Hug to everyone
Comments
Looping definitely isn’t toxic, it sounds more like the killers are just sore losers.
Toxic is more about being rude and insulting. T-bagging and personal insults in the after game chat for example, that’s toxic.
No. They are mad because they felt outplayed. That means their ego is huge.
Looping can be different, including toxic too!
Let me explain:
*Player is good at chases and looping - he tries to brake LoS and escape. That's basic type. It's how you play the game.
*Player that is really good at looping and knows how your killer works. By standing in the open or slowly waling he tries to attract your attention and steal your time. Once you get close he runs to the loop. That's advanced gameplay.
*Player that is confident to the point of [Bad Word], he's doing jungle gym or L-loop with his eyes closed. Instead of hiding or pretending that you find him, he just runs straight to you until there are some distance left, just enough for him to turn around and get into the loop. That's toxic. Extra toxic with clicky-clicky and teabagging.
If you're just trying to survive and not taunting in any way and the killer believes you're being toxic of all things, they've immediately made it clear they shouldn't be taken seriously. No better than a survivor that DCs because they went down first or something.
Don't forget to add they go from a jungle gym loop to a god pallet loop then to another safe loop while tbagging or clicky click after a pallet or window........I tend to just stop and find someone else.....as I'm followed and clicked at repeatedly......
It...depends on the loop.
Normally? No.
Extensively exploiting a pseudo-infinite, like the House of Pain? Yes.
I'm not very good at looping, but I can buy some time and also get away sometimes. But I'm not calling the killer either, I'm making the generators and when the killer comes to me, I just try to run away. No t-bag and clicky-clicky. At the exit gates usually survivors do t-bags, but I just walked away and leave them there, I think it's very unnecessary to do that. With the new systems, I'm almost at rank 1, but I'm not that skilled with plots and looping.
There are too many health states.
If survivor isn't injured it can loop and:
*Take hit and gain speed boost.
*Use Dead Hard to reach pallet/vault.
*Heal with medkit after vaulting/pallet and apply some nasty add-on effects like endurance, speed boost, instant healing as the time have passed.
*Wait for someone to take protection hit and body block you.
*Lure you not just into the pallet but to a friend with flashlight or flashbang.
*Boon with CoH can be blessed near while you run. If he somehow heal, even if hit immediately - that's another speed boost.
*When downed he can crawl to unused pallet or stay near vault location to force you double vault, wasting more time.
Now combine all of that. No hooks, bad mood, all gens done. "ezgg"
I don’t consider that toxic, it’s just harder for me to beat as a killer than a typical tile. I wouldn’t consider a survivor taking advantage of a good tile to be rude though.
There is not a thing that can be considered being toxic in this game gameplay-wise.
Tbag? Wasting time not running and making distance.
Tunneling or hitting on the hook? Survivors with brain or Kindred will genrush and leave you with one kill.
Looping, Flashlights, tunneling and camping are just part of the gameplay.
Only thing I would consider toxic is being in 4man group with 16 meta perks, map offering and strong items, then talking ######### in post game chat. Wow you won in survivor sided game, on the map of your choice with 20 crutches. Congrats, you are so good at the game. Even this looks pathetic and actually funny to me rather than toxic.
This video here: https://youtu.be/gZu7uPV-Uog
Scott explains it really well and I agree with him 101% on this topic.
Edit: If you understand the game, there is not a toxic thing. People are just handed good loop they can abuse and are rubbing it in your face. Do you get mad when queen in chess destroys half of the board though? No, because it's how the game is designed. Survivor perks and tiles are the same. Not balanced, because this game will never be balanced (we need more survivor players than killer players).
I'd have to dig up the video, but I remember watching a survivor loop a pretty experienced killer (Otz, if I recall correctly) on the Haddonfield HOP pseudo-infinite for something like 5 minutes on the final gen just to BM and stall the game out. And he was playing Nemesis.
I ran into a smurfing SWF last night, including an insanely toxic 'flicky flicky' Dwight who I literally couldn't catch on Ironworks. He just chained pallet into vault into vault into pallet into Dead Hard and back to the original vault to the point where I was like 'is this guy speed hacking or am I just terrible at this game?'.
There are a couple of minor things I can think of off-hand that would be toxic
Basically those are all behaviors that are solely intended to really annoy people and have no strategic value.
But yeah, most things like tunneling and camping that you see complaints about aren’t actually toxic.
@dugman While I do agree in general, each of these has an exception.
I had a situation where two survivors were on the ground, one was hooked and I accidentaly bodyblocked the last healthy one in a corner. If I hit them as non instadown killer It would immediately start second chance perks chain reaction... so I just waited.
Nemesis map: Noone likes this map and I can't blame anyone who dcs on it, Haddonfield or Badham
Smug survivor with key in hand and obvious power struggle build. Yeah #########, you are bleeding out.
While I don't really care about flashlights that much I noticed that people are really mad about it for some reason... I would just add a small script that consumes 0,3 of second of it's use time whenever it's turned on. Boom click at killers and deplete it. Maybe add +1 seconds to every flashlight as a default to not punish normal human beings.
Sorry, I have no sympathy for people who disconnect because they don’t like a map. It’s a waste of all the other player’s time who were ok playing on it.
I dunno, I often give a skilled survivor a smack once they're hooked, just as a way of saying "you're hard to catch".
hitting on hook is exactly as harmful as clicking or teabagging.