Killers, what was it like when you found "your" build?

Anyone else ever start experimenting when they felt the meta perks weren't cutting it for them?


I often found that I was getting frustrated trying to run hardcore meta builds or builds recommended by other players instead of trying to feel out what suited how I played Pyramid Head.


Recently, though, I felt I've found a build that feels both strong and fun. Ruin/Haunted Grounds/All Ears/Nurse's Calling. I used to hate running Ruin since it seemed to die in a few minutes even with Undying, but with Haunted I can use Ruin to bait Survivors into getting exposed for some devastating pressure early on. It felt really good and I got 3 4Ks in a row with the build when usually I go back and forth over and over.


What was it like when you found the build that fit you best?

Comments

  • I play the majority of Killers, so the fun I have with builds is figuring out which perks are the most meta.

    Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is awesome for Blight.

    Corrupt/Lockdown/No Way Out is fantastic for Trickster.

    Sloppy/Ruin/Corrupt is the Twins staple.

    It’s not as easy as a one-size fits all if you really want to tryhard. I’m looking forward to the new scourge hook, it seems like it might shake up my builds again

  • I don't really pay attention to what you're "supposed" to do I guess? I just kind of pick out what I like and go with it. I get players after the match messaging me saying how surprised they were I had this perk or that perk and I like that way. So I guess I feel...satisfied?

    Example: I run Starstruck with Nemesis.

  • I enjoy playing Huntress with only aura reading perks. (Lately Lethal Pursuer, Bitter Murmur, I'm All Ears, BBQ or Iron Maiden - depending if I'm slugging)

    It is 0K city, unless you camp/tunnel, but it's fun going for long range shots.

  • I realized I liked a lot the Monitor and Abuse + Save the Best for Last combo. I run it on pretty much every killer with no mobility (without STBFL on some obvious exceptions like Huntress and Plague) because it counters holding W very well. Lower TR means people will start running later than usual, and STBFL lets you catch up faster after the first hit.

  • @BigChapAlien21 said:

    Anyone else ever start experimenting when they felt the meta perks weren't cutting it for them?

    I often found that I was getting frustrated trying to run hardcore meta builds or builds recommended by other players instead of trying to feel out what suited how I played Pyramid Head.

    Recently, though, I felt I've found a build that feels both strong and fun. Ruin/Haunted Grounds/All Ears/Nurse's Calling. I used to hate running Ruin since it seemed to die in a few minutes even with Undying, but with Haunted I can use Ruin to bait Survivors into getting exposed for some devastating pressure early on. It felt really good and I got 3 4Ks in a row with the build when usually I go back and forth over and over.

    What was it like when you found the build that fit you best?

    It took me a while to find a build that worked well for me with Legion. Once I had like a proper meta build though and could start learning the ins and outs of the killer I was able to experiment with different builds. With Nemesis I found that I just kinda like the m1 perks for him as he was already such a mechanically simple killer that didn't really need anything super specific as long as you left a spot of some sort of gen slowdown. I patrol alot so I take kicking perks like Pop and Eruption which works well enough.

  • The only time I felt something like this was back in early 2019, when I finally got all the perks for my build on Old Freddy:

    Old Hex: Ruin, BBQ, Thanatophobia and Fire Up.

    I used this specific build a lot back in the day and had lots of fun!

    I occasionally used it right before leaving the game...but it wasn't the same...

  • I usually favour Thrilling Tremors in my builds, as opposed to BBQ.

    But rest is dependant on the killer.

    My Pyramid Head uses Pop / Thrilling / PlayThing/ Corrupt - It works for me, While most run nurses or i'm all ears, i tend to do better with this.

    Twins - Ruin / Surge / No way Out / Thrilling - With how prevalent boons are, sloppy is pretty much invalidated with medkits inside the boon radius for me, Will switch surge with the new scourge hook regression perk.

    Plague - Corrupt / Hysteria / Pop / Thana - I use the new Plague object infection addons only, works a treat. Will probably switch out Corrupt for the Scourge hook regression perk for more regression.

  • @BigChapAlien21 said:

    Anyone else ever start experimenting when they felt the meta perks weren't cutting it for them?

    I often found that I was getting frustrated trying to run hardcore meta builds or builds recommended by other players instead of trying to feel out what suited how I played Pyramid Head.

    Recently, though, I felt I've found a build that feels both strong and fun. Ruin/Haunted Grounds/All Ears/Nurse's Calling. I used to hate running Ruin since it seemed to die in a few minutes even with Undying, but with Haunted I can use Ruin to bait Survivors into getting exposed for some devastating pressure early on. It felt really good and I got 3 4Ks in a row with the build when usually I go back and forth over and over.

    What was it like when you found the build that fit you best?

    I mostly go for fun and maximum information/jumpscare potential.

    Playing+Retribution is a glorious combination.

    On Hag I run Devour Hope+Surge+BBQ+Monitor, which works really well.

    On Doctor I run Lullaby+Overcharge+BBQ+Discordance, which is brilliant unless they find Lullaby super early.

    On Pinhead and Demogorgon I run Plaything+Retribution+BBQ+Surge, which is a ton of fun.

    On Pig I run Monitor+STBFL+BBQ+Devour Hope