key or no key?
low key i say key, why... its better than jesus himself if your selfish and want a backup plan that only benefits you. I have a question but first my suggestion. Before the gate opens, at any time the hatch can be opened by cooperative action of 2.5 minutes only taking 2 players and 2 keys.This is setting the game up with many senarios how to distract the killer or how the killer will out wit the players. DBD creators can workout the details.
NOW...........Question?
When the hatch appears for the last survivor and opened automatically before reaching it, do you lose your key?

Comments
No you do not lose your key if the hatch is already open.
Seems like the hatch being able to be opened at any time will just end up with a lot of standoffs over it, and a lot of survivor teams where significant disagreement over which objective to prioritize would lead to none being done.
Cleared thst up. Thanks!
When generators have all spaces filled as they are being worked on, typically you go find another generator. If we are able to jump in the hatch after opened by teammates...we would happily go work on a generator and distract the killer.
Possibly, I’ve had at least three personal accounts of high rarity items being stolen from me while escaping through the exit gates. I know because I only had one of the item on that survivor, and it was just gone. No Franklin’s or anything like that.