You guys think that the new MMR system is bad for returning players?

It's been a while since i've played killer, i don't often play this game and when i do i play survivor with a friend of mine but recently i've been trying to play killer and i don't feel like the matchmaking is balanced at all, played nemesis the other day and i'm going against people with red grades when i'm ash, you can say that grades don't matter but they show how much a player have played recently and since i'm a returning player that haven't played killer in months why am i going against people that play a lot?

Comments

  • Depends on where your skill was before, high mmr sucks especially for weaker killers so any time away and not practicing etc. Will just increase that.

    I took a break for 20days and played my first few games today, first game was hackers, next meta swf and the next dcs so I just turn it off again lol.

    If you're at a lower more casual killer level it might be okay?

  • Actually, yes. It seems to have taken out of context matches into account for a skill rating and boosted killers quite high as a result of it. Returning players used to easy 4k matches are going to get eviscerated.

  • @flyingbanana said:

    It's been a while since i've played killer, i don't often play this game and when i do i play survivor with a friend of mine but recently i've been trying to play killer and i don't feel like the matchmaking is balanced at all, played nemesis the other day and i'm going against people with red grades when i'm ash, you can say that grades don't matter but they show how much a player have played recently and since i'm a returning player that haven't played killer in months why am i going against people that play a lot?

    MMR starts you at an average MMR, and it'll take a few matches to calibrate. Stick with it, it really does get better.

    @EntitySpawn said:

    Depends on where your skill was before, high mmr sucks especially for weaker killers so any time away and not practicing etc. Will just increase that.

    I took a break for 20days and played my first few games today, first game was hackers, next meta swf and the next dcs so I just turn it off again lol.

    If you're at a lower more casual killer level it might be okay?

    To be fair, in your case 2 of those 3 games had nothing to do with MMR.

    I totally agree that killers need proper unique MMR. Pegging a totally new killer you've never played before to the MMR of your best killer is ridiculous.

  • Probably good for newer players, but it kills off their older player base.

    Is it better for newer players than the old system though? Doesn't seem like it.

  • I think it's great for sucking in brand new players for under 30 hours. After that I don't think they'll stay around, so I think the system is abysmal for player retention, and I do not believe there is a magical pool of infinite players to pull from to play an aging buggy game that is poorly optimized.

  • "YOU GUYS THINK THAT THE NEW MMR SYSTEM IS BAD?"

    Yes, also fixed the title for you. You're welcome

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296631/you-guys-think-that-the-new-mmr-system-is-bad-for-returning-players

    MMR starts you at an average MMR, and it'll take a few matches to calibrate. Stick with it, it really does get better.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661640#Comment_2661640

    To be fair, in your case 2 of those 3 games had nothing to do with MMR.

    I totally agree that killers need proper unique MMR. Pegging a totally new killer you've never played before to the MMR of your best killer is ridiculous.

    Oh yeah I get that but what I mean is at high level it just cant be fun at times let alone taking a break ontop of that.

    Skilled players dont need mega safe loops to do well so when good survivors get that is a very boring game with very little actual gameplay from a killers perspective especially if you're a basic attack killer