Game mode: No perks, items, add-ons, or offerings

I think it would be interesting to see what this game is like without all the toys survivors and killers get. Maybe an experimental game mode that highlights how much perks, items, add-ons, and offerings can make a difference by playing games without having them. I know it could get boring really fast, but I think it would be interesting to see for a little bit.

Has anyone else wondered what it would be like with having a game mode that doesn't let you use anything except what's on the map?

Comments

  • @thebrentster911 said:

    I think it would be interesting to see what this game is like without all the toys survivors and killers get. Maybe an experimental game mode that highlights how much perks, items, add-ons, and offerings can make a difference by playing games without having them. I know it could get boring really fast, but I think it would be interesting to see for a little bit.

    Has anyone else wondered what it would be like with having a game mode that doesn't let you use anything except what's on the map?

    it will be boring everyone will choose the killer 4.6 as there are no abilities in this game


    Better this concept

    The survivors have only their own character perks and the fourth one to choose from, and the assassins can use their abilities but not the perks

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296625/game-mode-no-perks-items-add-ons-or-offerings

    it will be boring everyone will choose the killer 4.6 as there are no abilities in this game

    Better this concept

    The survivors have only their own character perks and the fourth one to choose from, and the assassins can use their abilities but not the perks

    So that mode would be even more Survivor sided than base game, gotcha

  • @thebrentster911 said:

    I think it would be interesting to see what this game is like without all the toys survivors and killers get. Maybe an experimental game mode that highlights how much perks, items, add-ons, and offerings can make a difference by playing games without having them. I know it could get boring really fast, but I think it would be interesting to see for a little bit.

    Has anyone else wondered what it would be like with having a game mode that doesn't let you use anything except what's on the map?

    I wouldn't mind this, as long as only Coal Tower and other balanced maps are playable

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661472#Comment_2661472

    So that mode would be even more Survivor sided than base game, gotcha

    It is you who can take perks for the killer, since they will not help you

    By your eternal whining, I realized that you don't know how to play

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661476#Comment_2661476

    It is you who can take perks for the killer, since they will not help you

    By your eternal whining, I realized that you don't know how to play

    I'm the one whining lmao. You're making posts about how Killers are animals for using in-game tactics almost daily. Stop trying to victimize yourself when you know you're wrong

  • @thebrentster911 said:

    I think it would be interesting to see what this game is like without all the toys survivors and killers get. Maybe an experimental game mode that highlights how much perks, items, add-ons, and offerings can make a difference by playing games without having them. I know it could get boring really fast, but I think it would be interesting to see for a little bit.

    Has anyone else wondered what it would be like with having a game mode that doesn't let you use anything except what's on the map?

    In concept its good, but the problem would be that most people would orbit towards certain survivors in favor of a set of particular perks, same for the killers.

    An alternative could be that you pick 3 diferent characters and you get one at random, same for the killer, that way you have a bit more wiggle room and doesnt get as abusive as say...4 mikaelas spaming boons all over the place.

    Alternatively the idea of no perks for everyone could be an interesting mode to, simply diferent from everything else

  • @Viamont said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296625/game-mode-no-perks-items-add-ons-or-offerings

    In concept its good, but the problem would be that most people would orbit towards certain survivors in favor of a set of particular perks, same for the killers.

    An alternative could be that you pick 3 diferent characters and you get one at random, same for the killer, that way you have a bit more wiggle room and doesnt get as abusive as say...4 mikaelas spaming boons all over the place.

    Alternatively the idea of no perks for everyone could be an interesting mode to, simply diferent from everything else

    You may have misunderstood what my post was saying: no perks at all. That includes the base perks characters have. I understand this will defeat the variety for survivors (pretty much choose your skin). This would be a full vanilla, basic mode. Killers would still have variety with their killer power.

  • it would be the truest ranked mode i like it

  • I'd like to see this happen for one day.