DeathSlinger is surprisingly unfun to play as
This is subjective... obviously... Slinger feels like I don't make any plays, rather survivors making huge misplays, opposed to Huntress or Billy where I actually feel that I made a good read and a good play with a curve or fake.
I rarely play DeathSlinger and actually didn't touch him after the nerf. Now I got daily and I just went for it. Boy I was for some frustrating time. Maybe he is just not the killer for me, but it feels so, so, SO MUCH harder to line up a relatively fast shot. Huntress is much, much easier IMO, her lethality and snowball potential is way higher (doesn't have to reload every shot, can m2 into m1, can actually damage from afar...)... and she is free...
While the longer animation to zoom in and out looks actually really, really nice... it feels so bad and for multiple reasons:
- He can't hit a lot of shots on the loops he was previously able to hit (Animation is not very long, but long enough for survivor to make this 1-2m more and go behind object) - yes, it's just something you need to simply put hours into to get right... but his lethality is way, way lower.
- I have no idea if this is true or not, but mouse sensitivity feels super off right now. It's almost like being zoomed out, being in the animation of zooming in and being zoomed in completely had three separate mouse sensitivities. (Regarding to lining up a shot) It's just clunky and really messes with my muscle memory (I did play him for a bit before the nerf)
- I agree that his free zoning was a bit of bs... but now it feels... lacking...
It might just not be the killer for me, there is a lot to choose from, but I think that having option in menu for his mouse sensitivity to stay the same the whole time (like Huntress or even Nemesis) should be a thing. He just feels so off after I tried playing him after the change... especially trying to line up a shot.
Comments