Bring back the older system
SBMM is so terrible.
Back to back, face-camping, tunnelling, noed and etc..
With the old system, killers were at least discouraged somewhat as you got a penalty for face camping, and it affected the 'ranking', what we have now is just awful.
Comments
Agreed.
DBD has MANY things that should have been left untouched, and the matchmaking was definitely one of them.
Yeah it's clearly not ready at the least. But, they likely wanna save face and are gonna keep pretending its fine since they went through so many tests.
Please no.
My matches have been so much better.
I totally understand that it's more stressful/sweaty for high MMR folks, but it's been amazing for us newbies/intermediate types.
What does need to happen is survivor SBMM becoming a bit more nuanced. But I'm having a blast right now as most of my matches feel so much fairer, win or lose. I'm no longer a punching bag for endless chains of smurfing SWFs and 3000 hour monsters and can actually gradually improve.
The face camping is because MMR+/- is based on Kills, escapes, and deaths. Nothing else matters. That's why you could have a survivor that does all the gens, loops the killer like a god, and unhooks/heals everyone but does them self gets a MMR- but someone who does nothing but hides doing just enough so not to get crows escapes and gets a MMR+.
So Killers (not every killer player does this) face camp and tunnel to get at least 1K so that they can get a MMR+. Along with other major balance issues with the game those those of killers don't care anymore and will keep doing it. Me I play to have fun anymore so I don't stress about it.