The real reason Freddy is so weak
He's a 2010 rip-off of the original
He's a 2010 rip-off of the original
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
fianlly someone else noticed this ######### you platinum dunes for remaking all these horror movies literally none of them were any good except for a few redeeming qaulitys in texas chainsaw massacre and friday the 13th mainly the opening for the latter
I like the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween.
Come at me.
It could have been good, providing it wasn't bad
Altho, if we gon' talk horror. I can't decide between the og saw and saw ii, you could say I can't make my choice I'll see myself out now...
The original haloween was a great film ):
yeah but that was the original i talking about the remakes from michael bay that buried many franchises
I didn't like 2 very much though. I liked the tattered mask he had in it, but everything else was lame. I hated the whole hallucinations and dreams BS.
We don't talk about H2. Ever. It didn't happen.
(But if it did, which it didn't, it would have been a misguided attempt by Rob to give his wife screen time in a big franchise, at the expense of the whole film. Mercifully, that's all just a horrible dream and the movie was never made. NEVER)
Saw III is probably my favourite. After that, they go downhill but are all decent films. Even Jigsaw surprised me, I was expecting that one to be utter pish.
I have not seen the first Rob Zombie Halloween yet, but I have the director’s cut on DVD (I plan on skipping over that scene).
Yeah, that was odd. I wasn't bothered about the lack of mask, personally. As @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY stated, Tyler was a great bit of casting. His build and presence actually made this idea of a human who is seemingly indestructible seem believable.
The problem, IMO, with this aspect of H2, was why wasn't Myers bothered about the lack of mask? We know Myers doesn't feel like himself without it - a fact Rob makes perfectly clear in the first film - so it doesn't make sense to me that he'd be so happy wandering about without it later.
We saw Myers without the mask in Halloween 4, but the first thing he did was put it back on. It's important to him.
Definitely watch it. It really is good.
Sheri is ok in that one, where her role is nice and confined. But why they let Rob run crazy with the sequel!?! WHY?!?!
(I'm a huge White Zombie fan btw. Less so of his solo stuff.)
To be quite honest I like the Nightmare on Elm's remake. It was a bit weird with the pedo aspect but other than that it was pretty good. Gave me a good scare back then.
The Halloween remake this year was good but it's a shame that watching the trailer basically meant watching the movie just as a shorter version. The kills were nice but it's just like with the movie The Megalodon, the best scenes were in the trailer and that's it.
The characters were stupid and didn't feel familiar at all. The writing was basically bad because the story was plain and filled with clichés.
I sometimes like remakes but in this case, I didn't.
Saw III. Amanda's Infamous, "Are you going to behave?" quote.
She's just full-on mint in III. Probably the main reason why I love it so much.
Didn't like some details of the ending, but at least subsequent films softened it a little. (Being careful of spoilers here).