FOG WHISPERER OTZ NEW VID ON MMR SHOWS MAJORITY HATE IT

Come on Devs. The majority of the player base despises MMR/SBMM. Please change it. The system is far too simple and leads to ridiculously unfair games for killers most of the time. Survivor queues are long, and killers are camping,tunneling, slugging machines anyway when you do get a game because they can't win playing fair much these days. Please change SBMM.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657730#Comment_2657730

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ER4GD54O8WOK/screenshot-20211124-103731-samsung-internet.jpg

    We've actually been bleeding players since MMR was announced to be a permanent fixture in August 2021 and that's surprising considering the game was F2P on Steam in October.

    Every year has one big drop off, sometime in the Autumn.

    I'm not sure you can attribute the August falloff to MMR. Back to school, maybe? Or perhaps there was another game that released around that time? Or maybe people were a bit burned out on the BP grind after the anni event?

    June+July were an enormous gain, and the numbers are still pretty healthy. It seems stable at 50k-ish (up from 35k-ish last year) and I think you'll see another gain in December thanks to Artist being released.

    Stats are fun :).

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657738#Comment_2657738

    Every year has one big drop off, sometime in the Autumn.

    I'm not sure you can attribute the August falloff to MMR. Back to school, maybe? Or perhaps there was another game that released around that time? Or maybe people were a bit burned out on the BP grind after the anni event?

    June+July were an enormous gain, and the numbers are still pretty healthy. It seems stable at 50k-ish (up from 35k-ish last year) and I think you'll see another gain in December thanks to Artist being released.

    Stats are fun :).

    You also specified since MMR released.

  • Yes. I stand by that.

    35k-50k is a substantial gain within the range I specified.

    Naturally, this could also be an attribution fallacy on my end - but my point is that MMR hasn't obviously damaged the game popularity wise, despite the grumbling.

    Now, I'll be keeping an eye on things over the next 6 months. If the game implodes, then I'd be happy to concede the point. But I think we'll be at 50-60k average over Christmas and will stabilize at around 55k by Spring.

  • You cant tell me there aren't a certain number of people who simply agree with anything and everything that Otz says just so they're not confrontational or show different opinions... a lot of streamers like to see their own opinions justified and will visibly get upset otherwise.

    So theres no way that any poll a streamer provides is 100% accurate... or anywhere close to reliable

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657656#Comment_2657656

    If I don't, I lose.

    I don't particularly enjoy losing, so I try my best to avoid that outcome. Sue me.

    You prioritize winning over not sweating, and honestly, that's cool. Some people are more competitive than others. However, no one is forcing you to be that way. Just like no one is "forced" to camp/tunnel/gen rush/bring meta perks. People should just own up to their own motivations and stop shifting blame.

    "The game needs better balance" - a valid criticism.

    "We are forced to do X" - Nah.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657758#Comment_2657758

    Yes. I stand by that.

    35k-50k is a substantial gain within the range I specified.

    Naturally, this could also be an attribution fallacy on my end - but my point is that MMR hasn't obviously damaged the game popularity wise, despite the grumbling.

    Now, I'll be keeping an eye on things over the next 6 months. If the game implodes, then I'd be happy to concede the point. But I think we'll be at 50-60k average over Christmas and will stabilize at around 55k by Spring.

    MMR was only implemented in September tho.

  • @Underdawg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657673#Comment_2657673

    You prioritize winning over not sweating, and honestly, that's cool. Some people are more competitive than others. However, no one is forcing you to be that way. Just like no one is "forced" to camp/tunnel/gen rush/bring meta perks. People should just own up to their own motivations and stop shifting blame.

    "The game needs better balance" - a valid criticism.

    "We are forced to do X" - Nah.

    I play both to win, and to have fun.

    My definition of winning is a little different though - I'm generally not aiming for a 4k. What I try to do is provide the other side with a fun, tense game and to establish control. If they get a 2 or 3 out, it doesn't bother me too much as long as I got a ton of BP and they didn't stomp me.

    If I get BMed though - no mercy. My mission is now to wipe you out.

  • Was it? If I understand correctly, it was gradually implemented starting in early-mid 2021.

    If we are taking September as the start date, then the drop off seems pretty minor. It's not atypical from the standard wax and wane you see throughout DbD's history.

    What we'll have to look at is trends over the next good while. If it continues to drop, then yeah - there's probably a problem. If it doesn't (and I predict that it won't) - then MMR is probably fine, barring a few tweaks (making it more nuanced on the survivor end of things especially).

1 2 ›