The White Dot of Death

Thought I was crazy until I instant replayed it back. There's a white dot over the Feng's position to tell me exactly where she is, and it followed her all the way behind the rock. Disappeared when I got close. Granted I already knew she was there, but definitely unfair on the survivors side if I hadn't seen her there.

Platform: Steam

Map: Dead Dawg Saloon

I haven't noticed it yet since this clip, so I'm unsure how often it happens.

https://youtu.be/v5PPEV6rskM


Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    interesting

    Yeah it's definitely weird. Next time I get on I was gonna use an offering back to Dead Dawg to see if it happens again and if it's map related

  • Maybe she crouched naw? It kind of looks like it to me, unless I'm blind. She could have been looking sideways.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Maybe she crouched naw? It kind of looks like it to me, unless I'm blind. She could have been looking sideways.

    She did crouch behind the rock, but there's a dot above her head and above the rock that tells me she's there. It's kind of hard to see in the video but the dot follows above her head while she's walking towards the rock. Kind of reminds me of a sims plumbob tbh ๐Ÿ˜‚ My brother who knows a little bit about this sort of stuff said it seems like something with the engine that identifies a player that didn't get entirely patched out.

  • Ahh, so that's what that weird thing in the aura is.