Are firecrackers and flashbangs working?

Dropped firecrackers twice and it did not blind the killer. Another game killer was carrying me and got hit with a flashbang and they dropped me but it did not count as a stun and I was in dying state. Is this how they are supposed to work? I thought if you blinded a killer and they dropped you, you were in the injured state.

Comments

  • the killers get notified when such an item gets dropped and can just glance away.

    as for the dropping, that’s weird. But could it be that the killer just dropped you intentionally to avoid getting stunned and losing you?

    also, the killer perk Lightborn makes the killer immune to getting blinded by any means.

  • They work when they work. Getting a killer to look at the flash bang is another story.

    The flashbang when you were being carried did not work. The killer deliberately dropped you.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    Dropped firecrackers twice and it did not blind the killer. Another game killer was carrying me and got hit with a flashbang and they dropped me but it did not count as a stun and I was in dying state. Is this how they are supposed to work? I thought if you blinded a killer and they dropped you, you were in the injured state.

    Definitely working. Had a group use them very effectively against me last night.

  • @Mr_K said:

    They work when they work. Getting a killer to look at the flash bang is another story.

    The flashbang when you were being carried did not work. The killer deliberately dropped you.

    But he didn't drop me, unless flashbangs allow the killer to drop you once they are blinded.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653801#Comment_2653801

    But he didn't drop me, unless flashbangs allow the killer to drop you once they are blinded.

    Have you by any chance recorded that?

    I guess the killer had the stun animation and sound and then dropped you - that would have definitely been a bug then as you should be injured then and not in dying state.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653801#Comment_2653801

    But he didn't drop me, unless flashbangs allow the killer to drop you once they are blinded.

    There's timing to blinding for saves. Blinding in pickup animation does not work.

  • Definitely working. I saved a survivor with one a few days ago. There's timing on the pick up animation. Too late or too early and it's possible to get the blind but still not stun the killer.

  • I got hit with a flashbang yesterday, so they work sometimes.