Killer Disconnected and I got matchmaking banned, why?

Why is this a common thing now? I joined a match and the killer disconnected while the match was in progress and I got penalized? They need to fix this sh1t!

Comments

  • It's a bug. They'll just tell you that if you don't have a habit of dc'ing it's only 5 min and you just take it and blablabla.

  • @dko7a said:

    Why is this a common thing now? I joined a match and the killer disconnected while the match was in progress and I got penalized? They need to fix this sh1t!

    Yeah it happens, no idea why.

    Honestly, it's worse when you lose two fancy addons, a black ward and depip because someone DC'd.

  • That means you dced, not the killer

    That match is still going on without you

  • @Bwsted said:

    It's a bug. They'll just tell you that if you don't have a habit of dc'ing it's only 5 min and you just take it and blablabla.

    Problem is, if it's happening to you, it will happen repeatedly, so even if you never DC you'll look like you have that habit. If you reset your modem and try again, reboot and try again, check validity and try again, re-install and try again...

    Once you get that 24 hour ban, you don't immediately get a clean state, try again right after your ban and you'll get smacked with 6 hours. I had to take week-long breaks from trying to figure out the problem. (This was back when everyone just blamed the player's connection.)

  • @Shroompy said:

    That means you dced, not the killer

    That match is still going on without you

    No. There's a bug where what op described does happen. The killer dc's, match is over and everyone is in the tally screen, then when the survivors get back to the main menu they find out they've been timed out.

  • The game is so killer sided that survivors are punished for the killers actions. This is just getting ridiculous.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The game is so killer sided that survivors are punished for the killers actions. This is just getting ridiculous.

    I hate to tell you but this game is definitely not killer sided.