How Would you Change The Black Box addon for Freddy?

I think I've said it before, but I'd buff/change it so that:

A) Sleeping survivors cannot leave the trial.

-Or-

B) unlocks old Freddy's power (replacing teleporting or your m2)



(@GeneralV)

Comments

  • I'd rework Freddy entirely, but if we're using the current power, I think Black Box should do the following:

    -Using an Alarm Clock does not provide immunity to the Dream World for 30 seconds.

    -When the Exit Gates are powered, all survivors enter the Dream World.

    -Asleep survivors cannot leave through the Exit Gates. This effect does not apply to survivors who have woken up at an Alarm Clock at least once during the Endgame Collapse. This effect deactivates if The Nightmare stands within 8 metres of an Alarm Clock for 5 seconds, and will reactivate when he leaves this area.

    Basically just a souped-up version of its current effect. It's an ultra rare add-on that does nothing until the endgame - it should have a more prominent endgame effect. In this version, it essentially places 4 non-killing Reverse Bear Traps on all survivors when the last generator is repaired, with the correct box highlighted to them. There's also a system put in place to make sure Freddy can't just camp an Alarm Clock like Pig and get free kills in Endgame.

  • Black Box now is actually an insanely good add-on against high MMR survivors. It guarantees a blood warden proc against them. It's only terrible against selfish solo queue gamers

  • He, thanks for quoting me on this one.

    Well, as @Altarf said, the best bet would be reworking Freddy entirely. I know you were not here for his on-release version, nor for the "Old Freddy" that I am sure you've heard of, but his power used to be extremely interesting and the most unique one in the game, as long as you knew how to use him effectively.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRzyKWnSzrk&ab_channel=Bricky

    This video from Bricky actually shows it quite well.

    Freddy's current power must be removed from the game. However, in order to avoid being unfair to those who, somehow, like his current power, on my concept I used Black Box to keep something from his current version:

    Black Box:

    -Broken pallets are replaced by Dream Pallets

    -Non-sleeping survivors cannot see or interact with Dream Pallets

    “I can sleep… I just don’t want to” -Dean Russell