Retrospective On Purple Bag Trapper

I once said that Purple Bag Trapper would be far too weak to run on its own.

I stand by this claim.

I stand by this because from what I've observed and how I have played, Purple Bag Trapper will always play it safe. Locking down the Shack, locking down Main Building... its an addon with an extreme benefit and side affect but does not encourage the Trapper to take risks.

I would like to propose this change, to punish the Trapper for not taking risks with the addon;

- The Trapper now starts with 8 Traps.

- After placing a trap, they can be picked up.

- When a Survivor disarms a trap, it will become disabled, making the trap unable to be interacted with for 120 seconds. Addons do not affect resetting traps while in this state.

This addition will make the addon have a significant drawback while also reducing the effectiveness of Basement Trapper/Lockdown Trapper playstyled that this addon currently only rewards.

Comments

  • Id rather just see it changed to you can pick up traps disarmed by survivors other than that I think the addons in a good spot because its not meant to be overly strong at what it does its just an addon to change how you play

  • @bjorksnas said:

    Id rather just see it changed to you can pick up traps disarmed by survivors other than that I think the addons in a good spot because its not meant to be overly strong at what it does its just an addon to change how you play

    The way the addon changes the game is boring and unfun. It encourages trapping everything in one place.

    A Trapper who is good will move their traps about throughout the match. The purple addon straight up removes your ability to be a good Trapper.