Is RPD The Worst Map In The Game?
I'm not even talking about survivor/killer 'favor' here.
I dread seeing this map more than even Haddonfield or Badham these days.
Even now that I mostly know my way around (although I certainly still get turned around sometimes) it can be very difficult to pressure gens due to how much ground I need to cover between them and how counterintuitive the routes are, especially against savvy survivors that know how to avoid a 3-gen situation. It often feels like a coinflip - if I go to the wrong gen, there is no way to reach the 'right' one in time.
I often have to resort to 'staking out' a portion of the map and just surrendering gens - which is frustrating to deal with for both sides and often results in everyone getting less BP.
On the other hand, it's not uncommon to see survivors die on hooks because their comrades simply cannot figure out how to get to them. Which is annoying for me too, as I'll win not by skill, but by simple bad luck.
It takes a lot to make me miss Haddonfield, but RPD manages it somehow.
Comments
I love the map :(
It's an outstanding Ghostie map
Yes. I would rather get Haddonfield than RPD.
Agreed. I frigging hate Haddonfield, but at least when I lose there, it's usually because I've been outplayed (or they got that damn window spawn...another thread) and when I win it's because I outplayed.
Far too many wins on RPD happen because survivors just can't find their way to the hook on time, or because I went right instead of left and 2 gens popped before I could correct myself.
You are clinically insane.
Last time I loaded a RPD badge, it was him. He found me first and hard camped me. When it still wasn’t working in his mind (I was successfully rescued), he DC’d. So IDK about that.
Yes.
It's too convoluted, but there's also a lot of variance in gen spawns. So it takes forever to learn it.
Survivors often advance hook states because teammates can't find their hook. That's absurd.
It's way too big for killers to patrol.
It's way too restrictive for many killers to effectively use their power.
Tiles are either frustratingly unsafe or 100% safe. Not much in-between.
Totems are super difficult to find.
It's not a map we should be playing DbD on
But in the world of horror, u cannot avoid the corn.