Hit Validation Suggestion

From the killer's perspective, being hit validated is jarring and confusing. In two separate matches I thought I was going against cheaters because I would hit them and swear they should be downed - but they just vanished. As I play on the PS4, I often have lag/framerate drops after downing a survivor. They effectively "disappear" from my screen for 1-2 seconds and I have to look around for them before I see them. So after being hit validated, I lose time looking for a survivor that isn't there. It was only on watching the replay after the match that I realized I was hit validated - and the survivor broke line of sight after the hit.

I have no problem with being hit validated, my problem is the lack of feedback.

My suggestion: A "loud noise notification" style bubble appears on your screen for half a second (or whatever amount of time would be most efficacious) after being hit validated. Make it a different color from the other sound notifications (like the vault notification) so that it isn't confusing around windows/pallets.

If something isn't in the works already, then I hope this reaches the Devs.

Comments

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295377/hit-validation-suggestion

    I play PS5 no lag usually, I hit people well before the pallet dropped they should have been downed, even the streamer I was going against said I deserved it but they won't complain against it because why would they. But ever since the dead hard validation change I can hit a survivor 3-5 meters from a pallet and it's not considered a hit some how, I literally had a survivor vault and dead hard at the same time and some how they ended up on the other side of the map and at the exit gate. I don't expect this to be looked at anytime soon.

    Most annoying is when you hear the hit, scream then 2 seconds later the pallet dropping sound occurs and nothing actually happened.

    Whoa. I've never been hit validated that badly. I'm sorry to hear that's your experience. That would be frustrating as hell.

    I'm still holding out hope that something is in the works. Would be great to hear something officially.