Is the baseline state of gen regression behind the current meta?
I mean, think about it. If the killer doesn't kick the gen, nothing happens and its progress is maintained, so incredibly short chases are needed. If the killer kicks the gen, they spend a few seconds and lose the chase--if there's not already a lot of pressure, it won't even do anything because it only takes a tap to stop it.
And so, the split: either run all the slowdown perks so getting people off gens is in and of itself helping (Ruin), or making them regress automatically (Jolt), or making kicking actually compensate the time lost (Pop). But every last one of these is conditional. Or snowball it out of control and proxy camp and tunnel to reduce the amount survivors can possibly do.
Nowhere in this scenario is playing for a long game viable or splitting focus across multiple survivors. Maybe the time gens take and the fact they can be sped up isn't helping it, but it takes a lot of room for different approaches out.
Comments
I think you're on the money here- my suggested fixes would be to have kicking a gen be more impactful (maybe a 5% instant regression, maybe undoing regression actually takes a second to complete instead of being instant, etc), or to take a really critical look at how many tools there are to speed up generator repair so killers can at least base some strategy of knowing how long a generator will take to be completed with not that much variance.
Something should be done, though, and I do think it's the base mechanics that need to be looked at, not more perks to patch up the holes.
Yes it is but buffing it too much would make stacking regression even stronger and more meta
I mean, then you nerf gen regression perks. I'd think that would be an obvious step if you changed the basic way gen regression functions.
This is surprisingly insightful.
Yes it is... I would like to see an increase of base regression
Perks like Overcharge aren't used cause of the fact that the skillcheck can be done away from the Gen (which was supposed to counter Gen Tapping)
Oppression Would be stronger
Surveillance would be stronger
Eruption would be stronger
Ruin would be extreme but I for one don't care all that much... Seeing how often players come onto the forums and have "my Ruin and Undying were gone in like 30 seconds" post
Pop would get a lingering benefit from increased Gen regression
I mean you could give Brutal Strength a slight buff by adding bonus regression to it (cause right now it's just for speed sake) and causing Hindered to Survivors that stay too close to a pallet being broken (if kicked)
Plus I think auto regression (like Ruin but minus the added regression) should be a thing... Like if you miss a skillcheck then get off the Gen then it should (in theory) start to regress