We are at Game 9 already boys

If you remember I am coaching my friend that just bought dbd, watching through discord screen share. He is doing great but in the other hand, he got every single game, literally.. survivors that have full lvl 3 perks, not all of them meta but the majority and also atleast 2 survivors in every game that use a purple item with some busted addon like purple med kits with styptics or toolboxes with brand new parts.

Every... game...

He still wins the most of these games with 3-4ks which is nice but not the problem here. What I want to point out is that he gets ppl that have clearly way much more hours into the game and WAY much better loadouts than him, I mean... my boy is using lvl 2 perks like whispers and deerstalker and yellow addons... xD

I do believe that BHVR should adjust the MMR for the loadout you use, imagine if you use iri addons on items that you should get automaticly matched with Killers that use also very strong addons that match their rarities atleast.

Comments

  • He still wins the most of these games with 3-4ks 

    Seems to me like MMR is working "fine" then?

    If he keeps winning it's only going to go up, why would you expect him to find weaker survivors if he keeps winning?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    If you remember I am coaching my friend that just bought dbd, watching through discord screen share. He is doing great but in the other hand, he got every single game, literally.. survivors that have full lvl 3 perks, not all of them meta but the majority and also atleast 2 survivors in every game that use a purple item with some busted addon like purple med kits with styptics or toolboxes with brand new parts.

    Every... game...

    He still wins the most of these games with 3-4ks which is nice but not the problem here. What I want to point out is that he gets ppl that have clearly way much more hours into the game and WAY much better loadouts than him, I mean... my boy is using lvl 2 perks like whispers and deerstalker and yellow addons... xD

    I do believe that BHVR should adjust the MMR for the loadout you use, imagine if you use iri addons on items that you should get automaticly matched with Killers that use also very strong addons that match their rarities atleast.

    It's a tricky one.

    I'm a killer that loves running off-meta perks and the like, and wouldn't automatically like to face easier survivors.

    MMR is definitely hinky, especially for new players (they start at an 'average' MMR, and it'll take a dozen or so games to find a stable spot - I get them in my games sometimes and try to give them a break). It was also on-and-off last week, but seems to be totally fine this week.

  • @Lycidas said:

    He still wins the most of these games with 3-4ks 

    Seems to me like MMR is working "fine" then?

    If he keeps winning it's only going to go up, why would you expect him to find weaker survivors if he keeps winning?

    Its about the loadout and items, he only wins because these survivors keep ######### up and killing themselves basicly, its not because hes the god of dbd and outplaying them hard. Its not him beeing good at this game, but if the survivors would FINALLY start using their 3 left braincells then they would bully the hell out of him with these insanely strong items and addons, thats my point.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641851#Comment_2641851

    Its about the loadout and items, he only wins because these survivors keep ######### up and killing themselves basicly, its not because hes the god of dbd and outplaying them hard. Its not him beeing good at this game, but if the survivors would FINALLY start using their 3 left braincells then they would bully the hell out of him with these insanely strong items and addons, thats my point.

    To be fair, this is how I win most of my games too.

    It starts well, they get 3 gens done and I only get a few hooks. Then I hook someone in the midgame. I patrol away and then someone runs directly past me to unhook. I down them and hook them. Then I try to give them a break and give them a second to unhook, but the first survivor dies on hook. Then I realize that a Jeff has decided that it's imperative that he does chests now and there's a Nea still trying to find her Plaything totem.

    Another thing that'll happen is that survivors will all sit on the same gen together, I'll get a Discordance pop (or someone fails a skill check), they'll panic and regress the gen more when I see them and I'll end up getting 2 downs, which snowballs into a 4k.

  • @Lycidas said:

    He still wins the most of these games with 3-4ks 

    Seems to me like MMR is working "fine" then?

    If he keeps winning it's only going to go up, why would you expect him to find weaker survivors if he keeps winning?

    Also since he is climbing up the mmr, or atleast should do that. There should be maybe atleast as his literally first games ever some inconsistency happening like that he would maybe... you know get ppl that have also less them 10 hours in the game? His second match on this account was already filled with ppl full lvl 3 perks, iri addons and purple items and ppl that had around 400 and 300 hours, there was 1 guy at his 3th game with 1,4k hours.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641851#Comment_2641851

    Also since he is climbing up the mmr, or atleast should do that. There should be maybe atleast as his literally first games ever some inconsistency happening like that he would maybe... you know get ppl that have also less them 10 hours in the game? His second match on this account was already filled with ppl full lvl 3 perks, iri addons and purple items and ppl that had around 400 and 300 hours, there was 1 guy at his 3th game with 1,4k hours.

    Yep.

    He started at mid-MMR, and with your coaching is doing well.

    Without it, unless he was some sort of DbD prodigy, he'd have lost a few games and be facing newer players.

    Instead, he's creeping up on high-intermediate MMR now probably (I think that's about where I am too) - so you'll start to see a lot of meta perks and PC SWFs.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641884#Comment_2641884

    Yep.

    He started at mid-MMR, and with your coaching is doing well.

    Without it, unless he was some sort of DbD prodigy, he'd have lost a few games and be facing newer players.

    Instead, he's creeping up on high-intermediate MMR now probably (I think that's about where I am too) - so you'll start to see a lot of meta perks and PC SWFs.

    I mean we both in the end dont know how the MMR exactly works, but I do think that this is absolutely stupid that he gets ppl with a way higher difference on streangth than him, this is not what I call skill based matchmaking. Also he gets alot of dcs, atleast every 2 games 1-2 and this leads then to a 4k since there are no 4 survivors anymore left in the game which doesnt make him "kill" the survivors, I do think that this is a very dumb way of "rewarding" someones mmr.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641886#Comment_2641886

    I mean we both in the end dont know how the MMR exactly works, but I do think that this is absolutely stupid that he gets ppl with a way higher difference on streangth than him, this is not what I call skill based matchmaking. Also he gets alot of dcs, atleast every 2 games 1-2 and this leads then to a 4k since there are no 4 survivors anymore left in the game which doesnt make him "kill" the survivors, I do think that this is a very dumb way of "rewarding" someones mmr.

    Yeah I have the same experience with DCs. It's really frustrating.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641905#Comment_2641905

    Yeah I have the same experience with DCs. It's really frustrating.

    But the Dc penalty should be on right?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641851#Comment_2641851

    Its about the loadout and items, he only wins because these survivors keep ######### up and killing themselves basicly, its not because hes the god of dbd and outplaying them hard. Its not him beeing good at this game, but if the survivors would FINALLY start using their 3 left braincells then they would bully the hell out of him with these insanely strong items and addons, thats my point.

    Seems to me that he's getting paired with people with the same skill level if they keep ######### up and not using their brain

    Low level DbD is a lot like that if who watches is experienced

  • Yes, but the actual penalty is tiny unless you DC like 3 times in an hour.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641875#Comment_2641875

    Seems to me that he's getting paired with people with the same skill level if they keep ######### up and not using their brain

    Low level DbD is a lot like that if who watches is experienced

    well if you say so xD

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641851#Comment_2641851

    Its about the loadout and items, he only wins because these survivors keep ######### up and killing themselves basicly, its not because hes the god of dbd and outplaying them hard. Its not him beeing good at this game, but if the survivors would FINALLY start using their 3 left braincells then they would bully the hell out of him with these insanely strong items and addons, thats my point.

    So, you want your friend to 4k survivors with bad loadouts...?

    I don't understand the issue here. For how disfunctional mmr is, it doesn't care about loadouts. You can be loaded with meta perks and be boosted out of your mind and vice versa. Would you prefer that they'd be matched against comp teams with non-duplicate perks like in tournaments?

    Seems like mmr hasn't given problems to your friend (yet). So, why are you looking for one where there isn't any?

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641875#Comment_2641875

    So, you want your friend to 4k survivors with bad loadouts...?

    I don't understand the issue here. For how disfunctional mmr is, it doesn't care about loadouts. You can be loaded with meta perks and be boosted out of your mind and vice versa. Would you prefer that they'd be matched against comp teams with non-duplicate perks like in tournaments?

    Seems like mmr hasn't given problems to your friend (yet). So, why are you looking for one where there isn't any?

    he 4ks because half of the survivors keep dcing. And again its not about hte kills, he can 0k every single game, I dont care about that. But I do care if I see 2 brand new parts, a stiptic and 4 dead hards vs a green perk loadout bubba with yellow addons. And again ... its his 9th game... he never played before.

    I wouldnt mind if he would get those type of players after a certain amount of time but he literally has not even 50 hours.

    Its simple

    he has 10 hours in this game

    he gets ppl with 500-1k hours

    dafuq?

    Idk how someone like you sees this and thinks "yup thats fair, I dont see any problem". I am actually wondering if you just troll right now xD

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641875#Comment_2641875

    Seems to me that he's getting paired with people with the same skill level if they keep ######### up and not using their brain

    Low level DbD is a lot like that if who watches is experienced

    *edit ye you are ofc right with that but it still doesnt justify that someone who 4ks in his first games cuz he gets ppl that dc and literally kill themselves go that high on the mmr that he gets full loadout survivors, a few 4ks doesnt make you to a professional dbd player.