How an awful bug showed me something...
So basically I lost all Progress:
all perks, every survivor is level 1, all killers are level one, the rift is level 1, all the tomes are level 1...
funny enough most (i guess all, I couldn't farm that much) unlockable perks are still unlocked, at least from the time I played, but i only could play with a very limited amount of the weirdest mix of perks, and it showed me how off-meta is so much more fun. Of course, we could have won more if I had Bt, or Dh, of course, I could have done gens faster with the right toolbox... but it was also the weirdest and random moments I had to adapt to.
All the problems with op perks, boring same builds, it kind of is necessary, and i would have run the build if I could've, but at the same time, it's fascinating how quickly we don't try something new once we found what works best. Are we actually running the best build? Or is it that just most Youtubers/streamers made us believe that?
Is it really that certain perks are useless? Or is it that we had an unlucky game with them and that's why we never tried them again?
How would your game style change if you only had access to "out of meta" perks that no one basically uses?
Comments
I've never played with meta builds, all my survivors have a unique build that I base on their lore and personality. If I need a healer, I play Claudette, Feng if I want to focus on gens, Jane if I want to get stuns in, Jake if I need to sabotage hooks, Jill for finding and destroying totems, and so on.
It's much more fun and you get to rotate your characters rather than just playing the same one over and over.