If the Devs are really set on using kills/escapes as the base of the mmr system why not use team esc
Personally if I die but my entire team makes it out in a match that is a win. With MMR Ive seen so many more selfish players Ive started seeing left behind in half of my games now and the game feels less about doing gens and escaping and more just be the last one to die or get hatch. I think encouraging solo Qs to be selfish is really a horrible idea. Kills and escapes is still a bad metric but at least it would be a little bit better if it was the teams escapes. Please just anything to stop getting left to die on hook 3 games in a row while you watch dwight crouch in the corner and claudette in a locker 2 feet away from you.
Comments
I was thinking a bit on this earlier actually.
Basically, killers are very likely to secure at least 1 kill in a match since camping can usually just force the kill. Meaning that the average killrate should be balanced closer to 60% (25% [min] + 100% [max]/2) than 50%. Of course that would mean a survivor every match is guaranteed to lose mmr on the current system which is a bit of a flaw.
But if the devs were to adjust survivor mmr based on team outcome and balanced the game towards the idea that the average killer is capable of securing at least 1 kill in a losing game then we might see healthier changes to the game instead.
I think the kills/escapes metric is decent at matching individual survivors with killers most of the time, but it doesn't really account for what would make four survivors stronger or weaker as a group. But, even as I say that, I also don't know how to account for what makes four survivors stronger or weaker as a group.
Ya know Im surprised it doesnt go off of your average badges as escapes alone can often push the weaker players up into higher brackets that they arent ready for. Then it can pair better healers with a gen doer and a runner and so on. Of course that wouldnt work i guess if your often able to iri all 4 badges