Skillcheck changes
Just some ideas towards a change in how skillchecks work. Talking about gen and healing skillchecks (so describing it mostly for gens):
first of all, get rid of phantom skillchecks that make the gen explode after you let go of the gen - even though the sound cue was either never there or came after/while letting go. Make it so you can still complete it even when you are not on the gen anymore. This is really getting frustrating and happens way too often. I don’t see this as a buff for survs but QoL improvement.
second, make them harder the more you succeed of them. Currently it’s really just a mechanic to make new survs miserable while it’s not affecting more experienced survs at all. This way this mechanic would still be relevant even in higher skill matches.
for Overcharge, tapping the gen should explode the gen without the chance of succeeding the skillcheck. It actually did that for me recently but I am not sure if it was bugged. I remember it was implemented once so you still had the chance to get it.
Comments
Are the skill checks getting harder only within the trial, permanently over time, or what? And how many before they start getting harder? Because if the former, newer players will still suffer; and if the latter, at what point does the difficulty cap? Regular skill checks aren’t meant to be obnoxiously difficult, or else killer perks related to skill checks would be worthless. It’s just meant to keep you from dozing off while repairing.
I personally don’t want a difficult skill check every dang time. The yellow glyph challenges are more annoying than fun to me, despite what I’ve seen others say about it on the forums. The great skill check reward is pretty negligible now too, in terms of progress and risk.
I wouldn’t mind skill checks being added to all other survivor interactions too, for more points. Cleansing/blessing, opening gates, even chests etc.
Totally agreed on phantom skill checks. It happens too often to seem to be coincidental anymore.
I don’t know if I’m one trial or permanent. That would need testing of course. Also I don’t think they should be obnoxiously difficult, just so that even experienced survs may miss them sometimes - not often.
i don’t think they solely exist to not doze off on a Gen. As I said, they are very much influential on the whole match for new survs and they just become negligible if you get used to them.
Skillchecks are just meant to divert your concentration on the center of your screen reducing your periferal awareness, they are not meant to be hard.
Then make them easier for noobs and for low performance platforms. 🤷♂️