Current ranking system encourages cheesy robotic play, and punishes being a badass

How to pip:
Get items
Get totems
Get generators
Escape

How to not pip:
Save allies
Distract killer
Hunt for hex totems
Play mind games with killer (keep activating the same gen then hide nearby)

Just finished a game where I am sitting at Exit A opening the exit and my 3 allies go to Exit B. They have a hair left on the gate and all 3 get downed. I go over and after a big game of musical chairs getting people up and re-downed, open the gate and the 2 downed people crawl out while me and someone I saved earlier play cat and mouse with the killer as they crawl to freedom. We all escaped.

It was a pretty epic game.

I doubt anyone but the person doing gens all game got a pip.

Look I understand that the "thing" these days is to put out a washed up game and start shitting out "loot" content, but be warned: people will get tired of your game and move on to another one. Goodies do not keep adult gamers playing your game for extended periods of time. Balance and a good ranked system keep adult gamers playing your game. Want a game for kids that will abandon you for the next shiny game in a couple months? Keep it up.

Comments