SCUFFED SURVEY
1 when would you say was dead by daylight at its worst and when at its best?
2 what's the worst thing CURRENTLY in the game?
3 how happy are you with the gameplay of dead by daylight? (e.g. pace of the game, depth, fun)
4 for what reason do you play this game? (e.g. gameplay / aesthetics / nothing else to play)
6 are you excited or worried whenever a new chapter releases?
7 what's your total playtime and how much do you play currently?
8 would you recommend dead by daylight to a friend? (please explain why, yes / no)
9 would you say that dead by daylight is more toxic, less toxic or just as toxic as other online games?
Comments
1 in the first year or so after release was the worst. 2nd or 3rd year was probably the best
2 I'd say any killer that forces pre drops and as the only reliable counterplay
3 depends highly on the killer, blight/billy is great. trickster is terrible
4 the chases
6 little bit of both, excited for new variety, worried about what disaster they're going to cause to the fun of the game
7 little over 4k hours, although recently Ive been playing other games so I haven't played so much lately
8 no way too grindy and hard to get into, I would not get into as a new player.
9 just as toxic
1- Worst state is right now. The best? Curtain Call's release.
2- Reworked maps and reworked Freddy.
3- The general gameplay has always been great. It is the things around it changing that upsets me.
4- I don't. Not anymore.
6- Indifferent. New content interests me none.
7- Played the game for thousands of hours before leaving the Fog. Now I don't play it anymore.
8- No. The game doesn't deserve it.
9- Just as toxic, to be honest.
Best: Demise of the faithful
Worst: Resident evil
Worst change: Billy rework
1) Honestly don't really know how to answer that question as far as best. As far as worst, I'd say right now ain't lookin' too great? That said, I didn't play the game at the earliest time of this game's life, and from what I can tell, that was nothing short of a nightmare.
2) Either map design or the bloodweb grind. Not sure which I'd put over the other.
3) Ehhh, not too thrilled. It seems like too few Killers are able to stand up against competent Survivors, and the gap between soloQ and SWF is pretty big in terms of play experience with not enough to close that gap.
4) Habits? It can be fun.
5) Shirtless Clown. Preferably pantless as well.
6) Probably a mix of both?
7) Don't remember how many hours I've played, and I can't check atm. How often do I play now? Every now and again, when I am in the mood.
8) Ehhhhhhhh...each time I see this question, my answer gradually shifts closer to no. The trend continues here. The game is painful if you are new to Survivor in soloQ, and the better you get as Killer, the more prominent the game's balancing issues become.
9) Probably either just as toxic or more than the average online game.
Thank you very much for all the replies!
Very interesting stuff.
1: I don't really have the knowledgebase to answer that question, I've only been playing for a little over a year. Though, the time just before CoH was re-enabled but Shadow Step and the Hatch nerf were still in the game was probably the best period of the game.
2: If you'll accept a slightly vague answer, "spawns". Survivor spawns, totem spawns, tile/pallet/window spawns... those things have far, far, far too much impact on the match and are not in a healthy spot. Other than that, the amount to which you can stack healing/generator repair speed is pretty rough at the moment.
3: The pace of each match needs looking at, everything plays way too quickly, but everything else is great. This is still one of the most fun and best designed PVP games I've played, though I'm slightly biased since I don't enjoy military shooters or fighting games.
4: Initially drawn in by the aesthetic and concept, sticking around for the gameplay and because I like the lore/aesthetic/etc.
5: error question not found
6: Excited. I know it'll come with a fair few bugs and potentially balance issues, but the actual new content is almost always good.
7: Not gonna give hourcount but I play as regularly as my bad internet allows me, usually a few games a day/
8: Absolutely I would. The cracks in its balancing only start showing when you've really racked up a good hourcount, so newer players can enjoy this games numerous strengths for quite a while- and maybe some of them will play with me at some point.
9: It's... up there? I've played some really rough games for toxicity, notably League and Overwatch, and this game admittedly isn't quite as bad as either of those two for actual chatbox toxicity in the game itself, but this playerbase is particularly nasty even just in fan communities which makes up for the more sparse aggressiveness in-game.
1. At game start and now is the worst, as for the best? Well been playing the game 5 years so hard to pick 1 part
2. The game map, seriously how am I meant to win at high mmr with a basic attack killer... too many safe pallets.
3. It's good, just wish the higher level was kinds looked into. Mainly tile setups and rng.
4. Fun, horror franchise and competitiveness
5. Usually worried, just patches in general start to bug me. I see killers nerfed alot when they arent needed. Means I see less killers and have less viable ones to play.
6. No idea had the game since the start. Play less and less nowadays.
7. No. It's an awful lot to grind, no real tutorial, I cant play with a new player as they will get screwed by my high mmr. Game isnt new killer friendly.
8. Most toxic, only game I can play and get a hate message if not multiple per match. This is more from salty survivors, but the fact theres 4 players and I get a message compared to 4-30 on other games and I dont