Some Questions For Survivors From A Killer Main.
So, as I'm finally creeping up on the big 300 (hours played, probably 225 or so of those on killer), I frequently see survivors do things that I just...don't understand.
Maybe you can help me.
- When I'm chasing you, you seem to love running up somewhere high then dropping down. Unless you have BL, this usually guarantees me an easy hit. Why not just keep running me?
- Why do you insist on running around and around a rock rather than just holding 'W' and heading for a loop? It's not like you are slowing me down.
- Why do you always insist on getting into lockers right in front of me? Unless you've got Head On or DS, I don't get it.
- What is it with you and trying to flashlight me when I'm chasing someone else? It's not going to work and now I know you are there. Wait until I pick them up and it'll sometimes work.
- Also, why do you insist on blinding me after a pallet stun? It's BM as hell, and now you've both lost time and have a killer gunning for you.
- Why do you always insist on playing grab-ass with me when I'm going to hook someone? If you'd given me a second and stayed out of sight, I'd have walked away. Now you've given me a free hit when you tried to bodyblock me, and I'll probably catch you almost immediately once I've hooked your chum.
- Why is it that you insist on DCing or suiciding the first time I hook you? You'll get no BP, probably a penalty and you've just totally screwed over the other 3 of you.
- When I knock you down and chase someone, you always crawl off to Narnia then berate me in postgame for slugging when I can't find you. If you wanted me to pick you up, why not stay in the open?
- I get why you teabag me when you get an easy 4 out (and I sincerely hope your cat widdles into your PSU while you sleep) but why do you insist on teabagging and flashing me after you drop the pallet? Maybe 3 times in 4, I'll catch you almost immediately.
- Why do you give me a hard time about running addons when you're rocking a souped up toolbox or medkit?
Comments
I'm also a killer main but I think I know answer for number 3.
When survivor is about to get hit they sometimes hop into a locker to avoid hit. It may prolong chase for couple of seconds but if unexpirienced killer got confused by this action it may give enough time to reach the vault nearby.
Killer that have 300+ hours in game would react and press space instead of m1.
1. The survivor might be attempting the inside tech where they try to get the killer to drop down right on top of them and evade their FOV. It's hard to explain but it can work it's just not a very good idea unless they vaulted a window off a building and the killer has to vault and follow suit. This tech is next to impossible to do off of a hill. If they went up a hill without Balanced Landing they messed up.
2. That I don't know, holding W is almost always a better idea unless they're banking on you whiffing and missing which can happen sometimes. The only time this would be a good idea is against a Bubba using his chainsaw to try and get him to hit the rocks but yeah.
3. If there's absolutely no other options and they know they're about to go down, jumping into a locker is just a last ditch effort we can do. I don't know if it actually buys more time or not it's probably about even but yeah. Against certain killers it can be a good idea (Eg. Nurse, Bubba etc.). OTHERWISE they might have actually accidentally got into the locker. Accidents do happen sometimes, I've accidentally jumped into a locker before while in chase.
4. To try and get aggro off the person you're chasing. Also if they actually do happen to blind you that can give the person you're chasing an easy getaway. These really only work against less seasoned killers though.
5. This is actually one of the best times to blind the killer. You're stunned and can't avoid the blind by looking down. This helps them sneak away (Especially with Iron Will) and gives them a LOT of blood points.
I used to think it was bs too (As killer) but honestly flashlights can be a very strong tool when used like this in chase. Blinding the killer at pallet stuns, when they're breaking walls or vaulting windows can give you the perfect window of opportunity to slip out of chase and lose them and that is huge.
6. Unless they're running sabo build with breakout and or mettle of man this is almost always a bad idea and I will agree. The only time I take a hit like this is if I desperately want stacks of We're Gonna Live Forever but this really isn't an efficient way of taking protection hits. Definitely a bad survivor habit. If you see people doing this just take advantage of it.
7. Some people are just dumb.
8. I actually like doing this but I never berate the killer for slugging afterwards. I just tease them that they couldn't find me and I bled out lol
If someone is crawling away to a corner of the map to bleed out and then berating you for slugging them they're literally a troll. Don't listen to them
9. This could be to maintain aggro but it's usually people being immature. Honestly both? Some people REALLY want to be chased non-stop all match and do everything to keep the killer on them or piss them off. Personally I never teabag the killer though because that's rude.
10. Honestly I only complain about add-ons when it's busted combinations with black ward and it's just me complaining about how unfair it is *cough* mother daughter ring + cherry blossom *cough*
I won't deny that survivors can bring powerful items with add-ons as well. Sometimes I do but for the most part I bring pretty standard stuff with basic add-ons and I don't usually complain about add-ons but what I will say is that this can go both ways. Both sides will always complain about the other bringing "opaf" items/add-ons and offerings etc. etc.
Also no one will ever not complain about iri head so, there's that.
I hope this was helpful. I play both sides but mostly survivor because I really like being chased and killer is a lot of pressure at times.
95% of my games i play to make the killer laugh or to mess with them, ill drop down without balanced because sometimes you guys will overshoot and swing the wrong way and miss, i jump into lockers cause it throws people off sometimes and especially if i have quick and quiet. running around a small object or rock will actualy extend the chase a few more seconds than pressing forward since youre already on my booty anyways.
i sometimes run breakout so you best believe im gonna be play grab ass when i can and following that juicy booty (also sometimes i want a stack of WGLF so ill take the protection hit while you are carrying to get 4 stacks)
i havent DC'd in awhile, if im found first its just my time i guess.
i crawl away when slugged to irritate you, not me, ill go into a corner and make a drink, its your 3 mins not mine
i teabag only when it was a super close call or hit, or i think you should have gotten the hit but it didnt so i do a little friendly teabag like "Wow that was close", its not disrespect. i also blind at pallets mostly for points and because i run iron will so it throws killers off quite often
Ok I have a few complaints about 2 questions that you asked that you can answer from a survivor main. I'm not going to answer the other questions because someone has already answered them and they are my same answers
5. Flashlighting at a pallet stun is not BM. It's a legitimate tactic used to help prolong chases. Why do you killer mains think that everything the survivors do is bm? Do you not find it a bit hypocritical how you berate survivors who say that camping and tunneling is toxic even though they are legitimate strategies but also berate survivors for using legitimate strategies as well and saying it's bm?
10 please don't act like killers also don't complain about survivor addons. Why is it that you give a hard time for survivors who complain about addons but its fine for killer complain about survivors addons and items?
Please answer these questions as I'm really curious as these are coming from a survivor main?
Also, geez mate. Lighten up. It was a pretty tongue-in-cheek post.
Thanks, these are good answers.
Ah, the BP gain does make sense. I'm still not sold on it being better than just dropping the pallet and running, but I'm hardly an expert survivor (and at best I'm a solidly intermediate killer). It is bloody annoying though, and if it happens multiple times in a game that's probably my DbD for the day and I'll have to go take a painkiller.
I'll never complain at people for bringing addons/offerings. At worst, I may just AFK the match out (see: multiple further hook addons+Haddonfield/RPD/Badham, or an RPD addon where people are deliberately abusing that bloody office infinite).
I totally understand, I hate it too because you CAN'T avoid the blind and don't we all hate things we have no control over lol
That being said, you do technically make a lot more distance by running from a pallet stun and I recommend that if they can make it to another safe area. If they're in a dead zone though, blinding can buy them much needed time to get somewhere safe.
Ah, that does make sense.
I just catch someone after doing this maybe 2 times in 3, and then they have to deal with full on no-mercy mode for the remainder of the match, as I now have a nark on.
I didn't answer with any ill intent or sarcasm
I just gave serious answers since you made a thread asking questions!
1. I have seen people who blind the killer have it prolong the chase further as well as used as a sneaking tactic to escape the killer while blinded thus making it a strategy to use. And if it's a strategy it shouldn't be considered bm. I also don't think the fact that its unavoidable makes it bm. Furthermore its unfair to expect survivors to know that blinding gives you a headache. That's not there intention for blinding you so I don't think it's fair to say it's bming. It was a but unfair of me to say you specifically berate people so I'm sorry for that. But I have seen killers berate survivors for using tactics in their favor similar to how killers get berated for camping and tunneling. I agree they not toxic I never said they were toxic.
My question for killer is why is it that whenever survivors do anything it's considered toxic or bm?
2. I have seen killers complain about items and addons. Maybe not too much after the match but in other places like the forums. Do Please don't imply only survivors complain about addons
So I still ask why is it that when survivors complain about addons its bad but when killers complain about addons and items it's fine.
Sorry if I come off rude but these are legitimate questions I have for killers similar to how you have legitimate questions for survivors
Oh, not you mate. The guy under you. Unfortunately that's how forum quotes work.
generally survivors like to annoy killer
if anything involved with flashlight in your mind
mostly its same mentality with teabagging