Did I just encounter a hacker?

So, I just played a match that was pretty awful, and I stupidly forgot to look at the killer's loadout before backing out. The Killer was playing Pinhead and the match pretty much instantly started off with a Chain Hunt. As soon as we got the puzzle box and solved it, a teammate got downed, and basically every time a teammate was downed or hooked Chains started appearing everywhere. The killer appeared to be using the puzzle solve slowing add-on because it took really long to solve the puzzles, so even if we tried to solve it while he was carrying a teammate he would have them hooked and teleport to us before we could solve it. So basically the whole match was just constant chains spawning everywhere around us. We only got 1 gen before all 4 were sacrificed.

Looking on the wiki, I'm not seeing add-ons or perks that should have allowed this, unless I'm blind. The best chain hunt time reduction add-on only removes 10 seconds out of 90 seconds, and there were definitely chains spawning alot more often than every 80 seconds.

Comments

  • He found the cube immediately because he was running Lethal Pursuer, running two addon's that make solving the Lament Configuration take longer are Larry's Remains and Liquified Gore. More than likely they were not cheating.

    You will usually know when someone is cheating. I had a killer playing Trickster who came out of the walls, touched generators and 99% them and dropped pallets and broke them himself and also used the Wraith's wailing bell.

  • @drpynz said:

    He found the cube immediately because he was running Lethal Pursuer, running two addon's that make solving the Lament Configuration take longer are Larry's Remains and Liquified Gore. More than likely they were not cheating.

    You will usually know when someone is cheating. I had a killer playing Trickster who came out of the walls, touched generators and 99% them and dropped pallets and broke them himself and also used the Wraith's wailing bell.

    Well, the thing is that hooks were spawning as soon as he downed a teammate, then stopped while he was carrying them. Then as soon as the teammate was hooked they started spawning again. I saw that happen at least twice that game. Seemed really odd to me.

  • @ZephanUnbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621064#Comment_2621064

    Well, the thing is that hooks were spawning as soon as he downed a teammate, then stopped while he was carrying them. Then as soon as the teammate was hooked they started spawning again. I saw that happen at least twice that game. Seemed really odd to me.

    He probably downed the person with the Lament and or had franklins. There is about a 5 or 10-second delay when the person with the lament configuration is downed and the chain hunt starts again.