Part 33: How would you feel about Lovecraft Country in DBD?

Previous Poll: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/289481/part-32-how-would-you-feel-about-the-blair-witch-project-in-dbd#latest

So.....this is a weird one. I saw it on the satisfaction survey Lovecraft Country is an option. That honestly surprises me. I think a few people were caught off guard by that option. If it were to come into DBD I feel like the Killer would have to be a Shoggoth.

tumblr_42b0438a45e0d781d97e8fe2800a8edf_3d450d36_1280 (1).gif tumblr_0afbdab3922a527a355de95460720f36_d94771f6_1280.gif

The weird thing is in the show the Shoggoth are these more guard dog like figures instead of blind merciless killers.

tumblr_3449da67801b4fef26b4227ec06e35db_0302c80b_1280.gif

And in the show the only similarity they have with the original Shoggoth design is the multitude of eyes. Other than that they are super different. This is what one could consider and actual Shoggoth

image.png

so how would you feel about the Shoggoth from Lovecraft Country in DBD

Comments

  • It would honestly be worth it to see how they handle such an animalistic killer.

  • *** Possible spoilers ahead ***

    I saw this entire series and in my opinion there is very little about it that I consider to be truly lovecraftian. Is there dark magic? Yes. But dark magic isn't automatically lovecraftian just because someone wrote it into the script. Lovecraft's works are specifically cosmic horror, not specifically any dark magic system. To be truly lovecraftian the series would need much more content concerning alien gods, aliens, or interdimensional monsters that are evil and induce fear, dread, and insanity at the mere sight of them, alongside a cult of dark magicians worshipping them and or trying to summon them. This series just doesn't meet all that.

    Yes there's dark magic and a cult, but it's based on biblical references not eldritch things. And nobody was worshipping ancient alien gods and trying to wake them up and summon them to earth as our rulers.

    The closest anyone got was the weird vampire monsters and the 2 weird ghost girls, but even then there wasn't enough direct info made available within the series to specifically fulfill criteria to call them lovecraftian

  • @Ussu said:

    *** Possible spoilers ahead ***

    I saw this entire series and in my opinion there is very little about it that I consider to be truly lovecraftian. Is there dark magic? Yes. But dark magic isn't automatically lovecraftian just because someone wrote it into the script. Lovecraft's works are specifically cosmic horror, not specifically any dark magic system. To be truly lovecraftian the series would need much more content concerning alien gods, aliens, or interdimensional monsters that are evil and induce fear, dread, and insanity at the mere sight of them, alongside a cult of dark magicians worshipping them and or trying to summon them. This series just doesn't meet all that.

    Yes there's dark magic and a cult, but it's based on biblical references not eldritch things. And nobody was worshipping ancient alien gods and trying to wake them up and summon them to earth as our rulers.

    The closest anyone got was the weird vampire monsters and the 2 weird ghost girls, but even then there wasn't enough direct info made available within the series to specifically fulfill criteria to call them lovecraftian

    yeah that was my friend's complaint about the show as well

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621142#Comment_2621142

    yeah that was my friend's complaint about the show as well

    Yeah a lot of people did. Personally I feel misled by the shows producer.

    I think the producers wanted to do their own spin off then slapped the Lovecraft label on it to get the attention of Lovecraft fans, and just hoped we were all too dumb to realize it.

  • Whats with these coloured squares?

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Whats with these coloured squares?

    I feel like it shows the respective emotion on how people feel about it.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623949#Comment_2623949

    I feel like it shows the respective emotion on how people feel about it.

    oh

  • I don't know anything about this so I don't have an opinion on it.

  • @Aurelle said:

    I don't know anything about this so I don't have an opinion on it.

    Same, though the doggy looks cool