Replace bloodpoint bonuses on perks and add-ons with other bonuses

The problem with perks and add-ons that give bloodpoint bonuses is they don’t have any impact on whether or not a survivor escapes or survives, and the way the MMR works and a fair number of players play the game it’s clear that escaping and killing are the main victory conditions and BP is something for between matches. When the game first came out, I suspect devs considered the endgame score screen to be the main win condition, as evidenced by how they have add-ons like Padded Jaws which make the killer in exchange for higher endgame scoring events. That philosophy seems to be at odds, though, with the reality that the goals are to escape or kill, not to earn bloodpoints.

I honestly think the devs should take a pass at all the perks and add-ons with bloodpoint bonuses and replace those bp boosts with game mechanical boosts that can impact whether survivors live or die. So rather than giving a bp boost for We’re Gonna Live Forever, for example, maybe replace it with a healing or gen speed boost or a once per game hit protection ala Borrowed Time or increased speed boost or aura reading,etc. Basically something else useful that isn’t just bloodpoints.

Or on the killer side, take Padded Jaws on Trapper for example, which weakens his traps in exchange for higher scoring events. Try replacing the scoring event bonus with some other significant boost, such as Trapper being able to carry an additional trap plus three additional traps being available on the map, or maybe the traps automatically reset after a survivor is out of them, or something unique like Trapper can grab a trap from a locker with a random trap on the map disappearing. Point being to replace the bloodpoint bonus, which doesn’t impact the match, with something that directly works in the match itself.

Mind you, I’m not saying some players don’t care about bloodpoints, obviously some use perks like BBQ and Chili and We’re Gonna Live Forever in large part to get the bonuses because they feel they need them to buy stuff between games. But I think it’s counterproductive when these perks and add-ons are “balanced” using currency boosts that aren’t actually impacting actual game results. Keep bloodpoint offerings, those are fine since offerings are mostly primarily for bloodpoint bonuses anyway by design, but replace the bp bonuses on all perks and add-ons with effects that are actually somehow impactful during the match. I honestly think every single instance of a bloodpoint bonus on a perk or add-on could be replaced by something else beneficial in the match and it would make these perks feel even more dynamic and varied and entice players that currently don’t use them because they don’t care about bloodpoints that much to consider trying them.

Comments

  • So what else am I getting to replace the 100% BP bonus you're taking away?

    There are plenty of other perks people can use if they don't care about BP. Use those.

  • @Seraphor said:

    So what else am I getting to replace the 100% BP bonus you're taking away?

    There are plenty of other perks people can use if they don't care about BP. Use those.

    That just raises the question why do you feel you need the 100% bp bonus from the perk? You can easily do a bloodweb or two per match without any perk bp bonuses, in fact that’s exactly what I do. I’m consistently at the 1 million cap and I never use BBQ and Chili.

    If you honestly think bloodwebs are too expensive then the solution to that isn’t to have bp bonuses on the perks, it’s to either make the base scoring events more lucrative and/or make the bp offerings give bigger bonuses.