I'm loving Hag with Waterlogged Shoe and Scarred Hand

So I've been playing a lot of Hag lately and I've been messing around with some of her addons and decided to equip Waterlogged Shoe and Scarred Hand to try a body blocking play style. I was expecting to hate it, but I was proven wrong.

I had some of the funnest matches with these addons because the survivors weren't expecting it. Next to Moonwalking Hag, Body Blocking is one of my favorite ways to play her now.

Comments

  • I guess it something different......... but its still another hag player and that makes me sad. I would prefer if they deleted her from the game with how most play her.

  • I tried that once. It flat out sucks.

    She's a territorial killer, and you spend so much time setting up an area with bodyblock traps, all it takes is one survivor to disarm a few and you have absolutely no mechanism to punish it because you can't teleport.

    It's also really frustrating how map-dependant it is, because in the vast majority of cases, even in narrow areas they can still edge around the traps after they spring.

  • @Aurelle said:

    So I've been playing a lot of Hag lately and I've been messing around with some of her addons and decided to equip Waterlogged Shoe and Scarred Hand to try a body blocking play style. I was expecting to hate it, but I was proven wrong.

    I had some of the funnest matches with these addons because the survivors weren't expecting it. Next to Moonwalking Hag, Body Blocking is one of my favorite ways to play her now.

    Well done. I've tried to make this combo work and never managed it.

    @Zozzy said:

    I guess it something different......... but its still another hag player and that makes me sad. I would prefer if they deleted her from the game with how most play her.

    She isn't far off, actually. If I recall, she's one of the least-played killers in the game.

    Her kill rates seem right where they should be too.

    Hag is insanely map dependent. She can be an unholy terror on small indoor maps, but is hilariously bad on large outdoor maps.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I tried that once. It flat out sucks.

    She's a territorial killer, and you spend so much time setting up an area with bodyblock traps, all it takes is one survivor to disarm a few and you have absolutely no mechanism to punish it because you can't teleport.

    It's also really frustrating how map-dependant it is, because in the vast majority of cases, even in narrow areas they can still edge around the traps after they spring.

    Yeah, I've been going against mostly potato survivors. I had a Nea one match who had a flashlight and didn't even use it to delete any of my traps. I feel like if I had more skilled survivors this build would be miserable.

  • @Aurelle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617435#Comment_2617435

    Yeah, I've been going against mostly potato survivors. I had a Nea one match who had a flashlight and didn't even use it to delete any of my traps. I feel like if I had more skilled survivors this build would be miserable.

    To be fair, that's not necessarily a potato move. Unless they are in a very specific set of locations, it's usually more advantageous to just go around. Hag can poop out traps faster than you can dispel them. I always hope survivors will be doing this, it helps me to find them (vanishing trap - I'm on my way!) and wastes their time/flashlight.

    My big frustration with Hag right now is how rough boon totems are on attrition based killers like her, and her 'zone control' style allows them to set up a safe-zone out of your reach.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292757/im-loving-hag-with-waterlogged-shoe-and-scarred-hand

    Well done. I've tried to make this combo work and never managed it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617422#Comment_2617422

    She isn't far off, actually. If I recall, she's one of the least-played killers in the game.

    Her kill rates seem right where they should be too.

    Hag is insanely map dependent. She can be an unholy terror on small indoor maps, but is hilariously bad on large outdoor maps.

    I would agree. I can go weeks and not face a Hag. Its almost a surprise when I do get one. I guess most players just don't find her fun.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617448#Comment_2617448

    I would agree. I can go weeks and not face a Hag. Its almost a surprise when I do get one. I guess most players just don't find her fun.

    I think most players gravitate towards the more 'straightforward' killers. Bubba, Nemesis, Huntress, old Freddy, Wraith etc. Patrol gens, chase, get downs. Use ability to help.

    Hag, Ceno, Doctor, Demo and co are all odd ducks and require a different playstyle. Regardless of their relative power in the current meta, they aren't going to have as much broad appeal.

    Hag in particular takes a long time to get a feel for. She can't just patrol gens. You have to anticipate what survivors are going to do, and where they are going to go. Once you get a feel for this, she can be pretty strong.

    Easily my favorite killer, and the first killer I really dedicated time to learn.