Theories about the new killer?

Specifically, what do you think their power will be?

Comments

  • I think that they could have a way with interacting with the crows around the maps, something like Spies from the shadows but more overpowered

  • @conqueror_worm__ said:

    I think that they could have a way with interacting with the crows around the maps, something like Spies from the shadows but more overpowered

    yeah.

    I was thinking maybe being able to use crows to harass survivors? maybe the crows could go into a frenzy or something after filling a meter?

    I'm guessing the incapacitated effect is going to see some use.


    flight would be cool, but I think teleportation would be more likely.

    I'm guessing the killer will have a chase/gen slowdown ability and a mobility ability.

  • Really hope it's the ability to command the crows. Think victor but more harmful (maybe obscuring vision?)

  • If there's one thing I've learned it's that guessing what the killer's mechanics will be is really hard. Even knowing that the killer is tied to birds and there's art involved in either the killer or survivor still leaves open all sorts of things.

    • Summon birds to attack or harass survivors?
    • Put down birds as additional scouts to help keep an eye on the map?
    • Maybe they're half human half bird and attack with talons?
    • Maybe they're actually able to fly to a limited extent? (The devs have previously said they've played around with flying killers but had trouble because they're hard to balance, but maybe they can fudge it by having them, for instance, turn into a flock of birds that kind of teleports or moves at high speed around the map?)
    • Maybe survivors who disturb the crows on the map suffer an additional penalty, like being Oblivious or Hindered?
    • Maybe the art is the ability, and the killer can "draw" walls or things to block survivors?

    I guess the good news is the next PTB is probably next week, so we'll find out soon! ๐Ÿ˜„

  • A fake power described a mix of Deathslinger and Pinhead, where crows would grab Survivors and fly them across the map to the Killer. Broken af, but hilarious to think about XD

  • Maybe crows act like preinstalled boon totems

  • Yeah maybe an extension of the current crow mechanic but on a bigger scale. Like you can summon a group of crows in a location and they either pester survivors or send off with a bang like they do in the swamp maps. Or make it a channeled power and you can summon groups of crows around the map