Monstrous Shrine rework
Monstrous Shrine - Your fervent care of hooks found in the basement has aroused the Entity's interest.
The basement hooks grant the following:
- Survivors may not attempt escape.
- Failing Struggle skill checks no longer speeds up sacrifice.
- When unhooked, all lockers within a 32 meter radius of the basement are blocked for all Survivors for the next 30 seconds.
----
From a (solo) survivor's perspective, there are two ways I deal with the basement (without coordinated teamwork):
- If I am hooked and see others trying to rescue, I will try to speed up my own sacrifice to stop the lemmings from feeding the killer. (If they stay on gens, I stay on hook.)
- If others are hooked, I will only attempt to rescue if I have Deliverance and/or Decisive Strike.
The changes to Monstrous Shrine are meant to hamper both of these plays. They would stop survivors from speeding up their own sacrifice, buying the killer more time to draw survivors to the basement; and they would prevent self-unhooking perks like Deliverance and Slippery Meat, as well as hinder locker perks like Decisive Strike and Head On.
Comments