can BP total go to 8 digits?

I have this game on switch, steam, stadia, and xbox (I know, I'm obsessed)

I mainly play on xbox but have continued to log in on switch and steam to collect login rewards, codes, etc. Currently I have a little over 6.5 million BP on each of those platforms (having over 6 million BP to spend on PTB is great, btw)

so my question... when cross progression goes live for switch my combined total BP will be around 13 million. Am I going to hit a value limit and lose almost 4 million BP, and thus should spend that before linking or will this be ok?

Comments

  • I am at over 8M BP on Switch I think…

    i fear that it will just bug out and I will get nothing. Maybe lose some recent progress.

  • @Mooks said:

    I am at over 8M BP on Switch I think…

    i fear that it will just bug out and I will get nothing. Maybe lose some recent progress.

    The only reason I got the Stadia version was because they enabled cross progression. when I linked that and steam I didn't have any problem and it combined my resource pools without issue, so I know it works. I'm just concerned for the edge case of BP going into that 8 digit realm

  • @FrootLoops said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2611602#Comment_2611602

    The only reason I got the Stadia version was because they enabled cross progression. when I linked that and steam I didn't have any problem and it combined my resource pools without issue, so I know it works. I'm just concerned for the edge case of BP going into that 8 digit realm

    A friend of mine did it too recently with Stadia and lost some (minor) progress from that very day. So nothing major.


    if the BP can exceed 8 digits only a sec could really tell you. I guess from a technical point of view nothing speaks against it as they probably used a datatype that can go far higher. But they may have some hard cap for hackers? I would not think so but really only BHVR can tell for sure.

  • To explain this, BP is capped at 1 Million BP however codes bypass this, while default gained BP via games and I think the tome will not bypass the bp cap

    So you'll keep your BP don't worry

  • Tome will not bypass the million mark, so only the bp codes, log in rewards and rank reset rewards go above the million point cap.