I hope The Hallowed Blight has shown the devs that...
They'll never, ever be able to please a particular portion of the fanbase regardless of whatever events, balance changes, and new content that they plan/release.
Don't let it get you down, you're on the right track
Don't let it get you down, you're on the right track
Comments
This is my first event in DbD and the forums just went nuts. Every angle for complaint was seen from killers to survivors, legit issues to made up ones. It's was pretty nuts.
Overall definitely a successful event imo. Only mistakes was first making the killer vials take longer which caused a backup on that side effecting que times. Secondly, not allowing survivors to continue harvesting plants after 60 vials just for the bloodpoints (this also effected the que times as after 60 vials you could only really get the extra blooodpoints from killer as they could actually still use the event hooks after 60 vials). These were pretty much the only real 2 big issues that caused all the problems like the crazy que times.
Some minor other ones:
Survivors not being penalized enough on their vials for dying, which led to everyone just filling their vial and then committing suicide so it was hard to get an actual normal game.
Why even have event offerings?
It ends up forcing people to put bloodpoints into a character they may not want to level just to get the offerings so they can participate in the event. It also is leaving people like myself with "millions" of bloodpoints worth of the offerings that are going to be simply wasted and unused. They should've just had them in the games at base with no offerings required so that everyone can participate regardless and not have to spend bloodpoints to play.
***Great work on the skins as well, they seemed very high quality. I'm not usually one for buying skins, but these were definitely good enough that I went and purchased the rest because of how good they were. I also think this showed them how good of an idea the extra objectives were. The extra time it gave killers was helping to balance things out a lot. Great work as well on their part of responding to the community with fixes in a very timely manner and listening to us.
I had a few issues:
1. Survivor skins were pretty lame, no one wants a glowing Claudette and a non bald dwight skin. They could've given David and Ace a Victorian skin and that would've been fantastic.
2. Hag didn't get a skin when I feel like this would've been a good theme for her.
3. Event was so blatantly killer sided and it made survivors even more toxic than I thought possible. It felt like I was just doing pustules and unhooking teammates for 3 days straight and when I was done I felt cheated on bp since killers were the only one who could activate nectar gathering post vial collection.