Different Ruleset

Many other games have a few different rulesets that can be chosen. For example Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Sole Survivor, etc. Granted Dead by Daylight would have a problem having some of these but there are other ways to have different rulesets. Private games can make their own rulesets that the players need to be trusted to follow but that's it... and a bit more difficult to find others to play with in my experience missing a pool of online players.

One ruleset that I thought would be fun is a Hunter/Evader ruleset. Basically, the perks that show auras of survivors or killers are turned into sound clues instead, like dropping a pallet or fast vaulting. This would promote the killer to hunt for the survivors and the survivors to be more wary of the killer. I wouldn't say disable the perks entirely because they may have other secondary benefits that help. Also, for the perks that have a continued view of a players aura, it could give the sound que every few seconds, like five, eight or ten or what would make it balanced.

It's possible that other changes to this ruleset may need to be implemented, like maybe more gens need to be repaired or scratches and blood trails last longer. I believe it could be balanced and would really give the feel of a cat and mouse type of gameplay.

Obviously, being a different ruleset, no one would have to play it and could play the normal ruleset. I honestly don't know how this would change the current strategies; would there be more camping or tunneling? I can hope not but I do believe it would be more fun and suspenseful for players who were drawn to the game thinking it was like this to begin with, like myself.

Comments