Trickster - Ideas and Suggestions
Hello all. I just had some shower thoughts today on Trickster.
Idea #1 - Switchable Forms
The Trickster now has 50 knives. Laceration takes 6 knives to incur a health state.
Showstopper now comes with three styles: Default, Ijung, and Doyosae. Each style can be switched between by pressing Alt. Process goes from 1-2-3 and then back to 1. Switching to another form incurs a 2 second cooldown.
- Default - This works currently as it does on live.
- Ijung - The Trickster now throws two knives at a time, but at a significantly slower rate than Default style.
- Doyosae - The Trickster now throws a high-velocity "sniper" shot. Range is 1.5x normal than Default style. No sway/recoil. It's considerably slower than Ijung style, but far more precise. Counts as 1.5 Laceration per hit, and takes 5 knives per shot.
Ijung style would help Trickster on certain tiles where you would only get one/two knife hits and chase for an additional 6-14 seconds around a tile before having another opportunity to throw knives (L-T walls/Jungle Gyms/Shack/etc.)
Doyosae style would increase his ranged ability, at a price of using up knives much quicker. This is perfect for targets that are a bit out of reach from you.
Idea #2 - Modifications to Core Kit
- Make Trick Blades baseline.
- Give Laceration a "mending" effect [credit to Scott Jund & DyllonKG]
- Reduce the knife requirement from Main Event from 30 to 25.
Giving Trick Blades to Trickster baseline would give him a small boost to his power around corners, add a bit of flair to his power, increase his skill ceiling a bit, and be an overall buff to his power without being overbearing to Survivors.
For #2, Laceration would take 7 knives to incur a health state instead of 6. Laceration would build up as normal, but would "lock" at 3 knives (50%) and again at 6 (100%). Laceration would reduce as it does on live, but cannot go past the "lock" unless removed. In order for Survivors to remove their Laceration "lock", they will have to take some time to pull out knives. If they are at full Laceration (5 knives), this removal time is doubled. Time to remove the knives would, obviously, need to be thoroughly tested for balance purposes.
The idea here is to give Trickster pseudo-map pressure and give Survivors a choice: do I finish this generator and hope he doesn't come my way, or do I take a few moments to remove my Laceration meter?
Finally, the Main Event change would reflect the reduction of knives he received on the 5.1 Mid-Chapter patch.
That's all I got for now, I will post if I think of some more. Thank you for taking the time to read.
Comments
I just want Memento Blades to basically be old Trickster with old Knife Pouch. I liked that version of him more.
I like these ideas both! I think I trend far closer to number one myself, I think that would give the Trickster some real options for how he wants to approach any given scenario without making him OP for any of them. Very solid, I could see it working, though I think he'd need an addon pass to go with it.
Though, quick nitpick, pet peeve of mine- lacerations are cuts, there'd be no knives to "pull out" for idea 2.