Was there a change to how early bloodwebs work?

Over the last couple of months I've worked on prestiging my last few killers, as well as a few survivors for various reasons, and I've noticed a trend that I never remember being the case, but keeps happening.

At early bloodweb levels when you have no choice between perks, it seems the game now gives you ~10 perks and then forces you to take tier 2 of all of those perks before any new ones show up.

https://i.imgur.com/89EjSDg.jpeg

Considering that in many cases, perk tiers are largely irrelevant for many perks, I've found that this makes playing the characters take far longer to be enjoyable than in past times when perks were more random, because at least then there was a half-decent shot at getting a decent build together, where instead I now seem to be stuck with 10-15 levels of tier two trash perks.

This isn't just a one off either. I've had an almost identical situation with Trickster, Nemesis, Pinhead and Steve on all of their prestige levels, so I'm curious if this has been happening to anyone else.

Comments

  • Good

    I'm not crazy

    I tried to explain to a friend of mine what kept happening in the bloodweb and he said it was just RNG, but at some point you have to admit, RNG shouldn't be this consistent


    Something changed at some point: I can compare characters I didn't level up for a VERY long time with newish ones and the difference is very obvious, new characters usually only have 2 pages of perks, which is not a lot tbh

  • I've noticed this too and it's a bit of a pain in the ass for someone like me that has almost every teachable perk.

  • @Lycidas said:

    Good

    I'm not crazy

    I tried to explain to a friend of mine what kept happening in the bloodweb and he said it was just RNG, but at some point you have to admit, RNG shouldn't be this consistent

    Something changed at some point: I can compare characters I didn't level up for a VERY long time with newish ones and the difference is very obvious, new characters usually only have 2 pages of perks, which is not a lot tbh

    Exactly. I'm honestly surprised because they've said so many times in the past when they rework perks that they want to decrease reliance on needing higher tiers of perks to be worth equipping them, so why am I being forced to level a bunch up when I absolutely don't want to use them? If perk tiers aren't important then the priority should be giving us as many different perks early on as possible. Once you get to 25+ where there's a choice, then they can be split between new perks and higher tiers and it would make sense as a decision.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594499#Comment_2594499

    Exactly. I'm honestly surprised because they've said so many times in the past when they rework perks that they want to decrease reliance on needing higher tiers of perks to be worth equipping them, so why am I being forced to level a bunch up when I absolutely don't want to use them? If perk tiers aren't important then the priority should be giving us as many different perks early on as possible. Once you get to 25+ where there's a choice, then they can be split between new perks and higher tiers and it would make sense as a decision.

    I totally agree

    I'd understand if it was from level 25 onward since you at least have the choice between 2 perks, but having it behave like that consistently means you either have to give up 1 perk to the entity (if it even consumes it), or throw away 2 bloodweb levels for it

  • i've noticed this as well lately

    i only have ds 3 on one character because i keep getting it in the early web levels, then a short while later, and then never again

    and i keep having people pick me up later than 50 sec but sooner than 60 sec eeeeeegh

  • What to do in bloodweb:

    If there is a perk you want: Go for it.

    If there are no good perks: Go for the perk with the highest tier, so that it disappears ASAP from bloodwebs and you get a chance to see other perks (hopefully perks that you like).

  • @fogdonkey said:

    What to do in bloodweb:

    If there is a perk you want: Go for it.

    If there are no good perks: Go for the perk with the highest tier, so that it disappears ASAP from bloodwebs and you get a chance to see other perks (hopefully perks that you like).

    What wonderful advice that doesn't apply in the slightest, as you don't get to choose perks nor avoid them in the case being discussed.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594630#Comment_2594630

    What wonderful advice that doesn't apply in the slightest, as you don't get to choose perks nor avoid them in the case being discussed.

    Don't be so pissed

  • I mean, they have a point 😂

    How am I going to ignore a perk if there is only that one available, and the Entity is not going to consume it since it's such a small bloodweb?

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594659#Comment_2594659

    I mean, they have a point 😂

    How am I going to ignore a perk if there is only that one available, and the Entity is not going to consume it since it's such a small bloodweb?

    In early bloodwebs you have no choice, just take that perk.

  • Consider that at level 50 you're only 21% of all perks, you have to be fairly lucky just to have tier 1s of the perks you want.

  • If they’re not going to reduce the grind or remove perk tiers, I’d rather have stronger versions of the few perks I have.

  • It's been like this ever since I started playing. I thought it was to promote ranking up perks ASAP, to avoid issues with having lower tier perks.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594837#Comment_2594837

    In early bloodwebs you have no choice, just take that perk.

    And you see, that is where the problem stems

    Because apparently when you take that perk, the very next bloodweb will have the very same perk at tier 2, so yeah, the solution you proposed doesn't really apply to the issue at hand, thus the pissed reaction of @anarchy753 😉

    @GoshJosh said:

    If they’re not going to reduce the grind or remove perk tiers, I’d rather have stronger versions of the few perks I have.

    I'd rather have a chance of finding a strong perk in the bloodweb than having to waste 2 bloodwebs on levelling up a potentially useless perk

    But yeah, reducing the grind would always be welcome