Survivors leaving through the exit right after being chained

Isn't the possessed chain supposed to make survivors incapacitated, preventing them from leaving the exit gates for a few seconds even after they are downed? Because I recently had a match where I downed a chained survivor by the exit gate and he instantly escaped. Is this bugged?

Comments

  • It does make them incapacitated, it just doesn't have a buffer period when you down the survivor like Victor does.

  • @Crowman said:

    It does make them incapacitated, it just doesn't have a buffer period when you down the survivor like Victor does.

    Are you sure? Because in the following video you can see it last for 5 seconds:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2QrBWH3NmM


    When I downed the survivor at the exit gates, however, that didn't happen and he escaped instantly.

  • You know I have a weird theory why this happens sometimes and not others

    I think if the chains spawn near/behind the entity blockers, when the killer gets close the entity blocker counts as 'the environment' and then removes the chains, the survivor is instantly freed from those chains and likely the first one after holding M1 which means they would no longer be incapacitated.

    IDK It's just a guess but it's possible right?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    You know I have a weird theory why this happens sometimes and not others

    I think if the chains spawn near/behind the entity blockers, when the killer gets close the entity blocker counts as 'the environment' and then removes the chains, the survivor is instantly freed from those chains and likely the first one after holding M1 which means they would no longer be incapacitated.

    IDK It's just a guess but it's possible right?

    It could be, I saw something that looked like this in one of Otzdarva's recent videos:

    https://youtu.be/hc80gyYm278

    It happens at 1:08:50

    But I'm not sure if that's what happened in my match, it seemed to me he was still chained... unless I missed it, since it happened fast.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590996#Comment_2590996

    It could be, I saw something that looked like this in one of Otzdarva's recent videos:

    https://youtu.be/hc80gyYm278

    It happens at 1:08:50

    But I'm not sure if that's what happened in my match, it seemed to me he was still chained... unless I missed it, since it happened fast.

    Yeah this is where I actually noticed it as well

    So she's chained, the other chans instantly break and then Otz enters range for the entity blocker to come up which stops the other chains from connecting - thus allowing her to escape.

    It might not matter if the entity blocker even spawns, slowing the video down it seems the chains disappeared before he got close.