Is it good to place bear traps in the open

So a friend of mine wanted to train against killers so first round a played Trapper the rule was they just needed to see how they could last I brought in two add-ons to reveal survivors when resting traps the other to open traps automatically. So I do the usual chase hit and place traps near a few windowd and pallets infront or behind the pallet since it better like that when they try dropping it but there's one trap I set in the open. We were on Spirit's map and I placed one in the door way and my friend stepped in it then commented saying I place traps in weird spots which they ment in the open my response was because people won't expect it as much. Is it correct to place traps in the open or in different spots other then pallets and windows.

Comments