I may have figured out how to stop Infinite Loading Bug

This is either a really big fluke or it does hold some water. I was having a horrible time, particularly when trying to play with one or two friends, with infinite loads or lobby errors. They were getting so bad we were restarting our entire console. So I ran an experiment.

I inviting my friends so the lobby would treat me as host, and I wouldn't use any items or offerings. At all.

We had 8 games in a row, no loading bugs, no lobby crashes. I played one game solo afterwards with no issues as well.

This could be a HUGE fluke. Or. It could not be. Tonight was the most stable session I've had since the last update with this method. Feel free to try it and let me know if it works for you too.

P.S. we also turned off cross play shortly before I tried this, so that could have helped as well.

Comments

  • At this point, the whole thing seems to be an unknown bug attributed to the latest update.

    Hopefully once the source of the problem is identified and remedied, we can have an extension of the Halloween event. Would be a nice gesture.

  • Infinite loading only happens when someone in the lobby is on console. As a survivor, it only happened to me when the killer was on console. So it's a console issue if anything.

  • @Junylar said:

    Infinite loading only happens when someone in the lobby is on console. As a survivor, it only happened to me when the killer was on console. So it's a console issue if anything.

    I play on console, and it did seem more stable with crossplay off. Maybe that was it instead.