Reduce the Grind, Remove Bloodpoint Offerings...

...and reintroduce them as Boosters that work just like Bloodpoint Offerings, but across several matches, until they have awarded their max points (the most points that can be possibly earned from them in a single match, based on the 8,000 point cap in each category). Then they expire and a new one can be used. Maybe Blood Hunts can become Boosters too, or something.

It would help alleviate stuff like this:

@tennmio said:

If 1 person dc's right at the beginning and 2 people brought bloodpointofferings for everyone, maybe consider not tunneling, camping and slugging people. With 0 gens done, ruin up, on a map (midvich) that you decided to go to. With you having good perks and add ons, when those survivors don't even bring 1 meta perk.

For those about to complain: No I don't expect someone to farm, I don't want to farm. BUT one can play differently in a 3 vs 1. Be respectful, don't tunnel/camp. Give survivors at least a chance to get some points. Just behave like a feeling, empathic human being, it's all I ask (if that isn't true for you, just play as if you posessed those qualities, like an actor).

Tbh I wish the devs would punish tunneling and camping in 3 vs 1's when bp offerings were brought. Like there is NO acceptable reason to play that disgustingly selfish if you are already having an advantage.


Comments

  • I agree it sucks (on both sides, to be fair) when one (or more) of the survivors disconnects/crashes during the match.

    When I play survivor and it happens, its annoying because the match goes downhill from there.

    But when I play killer, even if I try to play nice, oftentimes the remaining survivors will still genrush and clickyclickclick at me, so why would I go soft on them? But if they come to me crouching and pointing, I'll take a hint and go softer on them (but flat out farming is boring as ######### as either role.. I prefer to semi-farm by chasing people evenly and hooking everyone twice and letting them do their thing.


    But yeah.. I agree it sucks when you bring good offerings and someone DCs.. but at the same time, there's also the party streamer curse, where the survivor who brings it is the one getting found/tunneled out of the game first, and that sucks too.



    Anyway, not sure how your boosters idea would work exactly. I mean I don't personally rarely (if ever) bring other offerings, unless I have a chest challenge and bring coins to get it done faster. So having an offering/booster that lasts more than one game and I have to wait until it's done before I can use one more isn't really something I'd like.


    I don't know if this is what you meant but..

    • brown offering (currently 50% in one category) minimum giveaway: 2000 (25% of category) points, max 4000 (50%)
    • yellow (currently 75%) minimum: 3000, max 6000
    • green: (currently 100%) minimum 4000, max 8000
    • party streamer/cake/pudding (100% to all) minimum 16,000, max 32,000


    My logic behind it is the offering is active until you achieve at least half the minimum payout, if not, it remains until next match, so, example, for a party streamer, if you get a bonus of 15,500 points, and didnt reach the 16,000 minimum value, it would last another match but only up to the 16,500 points you were missing


    Wouldn't want the offerings to last forever, but yeah, the 100% offerings sometimes don't pay out as much as they could for many reasons and it sucks having them go to waste.


    Oh and I guess they could implement a "rest" bonus xp like most MMORPGs have.. but I'm honestly not sure how it could work ;p Maybe just give bonus points for the first match on either side, or the first hour each day, some bullshit like that.

  • (oh and what annoys me more than the subject of this thread is crashing/disconnecting mid-load, and losing my offering/item.. but if someone elses crashes/disconnects, then I get to keep them.. I fail to see the logic/consistency there)

  • @Marcavecunc Boosters would be at the menu/lobby level and not use up the Offering slot.

    The Boosters would behave just like their Offering form does, except that it stays active from match to match until they have granted bonus points equal to the most points you could possibly get from that Offering in a single match.

    For example, Escape Cake grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories. 8,000 is the most you could get from each category, so the Escape Cake Booster will stay active until you have earned 32,000 bonus Bloodpoints. In the first match you score 8,000 points in Altruism and Objective, and score 1,000 in Boldness and Survival. You gain 18,000 bonus points for the match, and have 14,000 of the 32,000 remaining.

    The Booster stays active for the next match, but the Categories reset. This means that you're not stuck playing more and more matches trying to finish off the Boldness and Survival Categories. As soon as you score 14,000 points across all four categories in that second match, the Booster stops, gives you 14,000 bonus Bloodpoints at the end of the match, and expires.

    This only applies to Offerings that affect multiple Categories. Offerings, like the Primrose Blossom, would only match the points you earned from their respective category. The common (brown) Primrose Offering grants 50% bonus Bloodpoints in the Altruism Category, so this Booster will match what you score in Altruism up to 4,000. If you score less than that, it stays active for the next match, and so on, until you score the 4,000 points or disable the Booster manually.

  • Sounds good to me :) sorta similar to what i had in mind-kindasorta

    I like the idea